Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
154 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 154

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: AmigaOne X1000 Process Edvidences Needed...
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Helgis

I see your a tad excited Helgis
I hope there is a powerful cpu or 2 on the X1000
im going for the fastest possible

Im too used to my 2009 17" Mac book pro and 2009 8 core 2.66ghz 12 gig Radeon 4870 Mac pro speed
so i want a high end Amiga now "hint hint Hyperion"

Amiga is the heart and soul of computing nothing else comes close
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@poweramiga

Thanks buddy, and you too are very excited! We all are!

The great thing is that the CPU is already a Dual-Core in the first place, and there will be Multi-Core CPU boards at a later date. Probably not before the end of the year, if we are to predict, or sometime next year...

I think there will be much focus on Xena's capabilities, and that part is the most interesting thing. For the Amiga, this should provide a lot of unique possibilities, and remember
the chip is programmable softwarely, if that is the right way to say it..

Most interesting, indeed! Definitely!

I understand it should not bee to long for the launch. I'm pretty sure May might be the month, or early June before the common summer vacation...

Soon to own a powerful AmigaOne X1000 with latest AmigaOS 4.1 incarnation ;) Dual Core PPC!

- Helgis
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@poweramiga and all

I hope that Xena is placed on a small board on the motherboard so that when new, more powerful
XMOS chips appear later, then they can be
upgraded somehow...

If not, then i am confident that A-EON have many interesting future plans for the AmigaOne X generation

Soon to own a powerful AmigaOne X1000 with latest AmigaOS 4.1 incarnation ;) Dual Core PPC!

- Helgis
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Helgis

Quote:

...and there will be Multi-Core CPU boards at a later date. Probably not before the end of the year, if we are to predict, or sometime next year...

Please, for your own sake, stop making these ridiculous "predictions". You don?t know.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@gopal

For one thing, NONE of us know, and if you did read very carefully the talk about Xena by A-EON, they did not deny that a multi-processor CPU card might come later, so it just logical to think that we won't see any such card this year for sure, as people have to focus getting a grip with Xena..

It's possible that such things as CPU card might be made the next year..

Like i believe i pointed out very clearly, it's simply just a thought WHEN such cards will come, but they might come later yes, but certainly not this year...

It's dreams and hope that are the reason why Amiga is still alive today. To have a dedicated spirit for it...

Your pessimism as shown here, will only drive the Amiga downward, and not upward...

If you don't like my enthusiasm, then don't bother making comments at all, as nobody told you to make comments. You did on your own purpose, so the responsibility is your own...

- Helgis
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)