Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
91 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 88

smf, outlawal2, AndreasM, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: JPEG codec library
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@xenic

Quote:

P.S. Why do we need 2 descriptors (J2K, JP2)??

(a) This enables the DataTypes system to differentiate between two types of files, and show the exact file type (and also makes it easier to replace parts of a multi-format supporting datatype - eg. see my JNG datatype which also supports MNG and PNG. The MNG portion can be replaced easily with an animation MNG datatype, and the PNG portion can be left as the OS4 default PNG datatype, without me needing to do anything extra in the future)
(b) Sometimes it is easier to create two descriptors, as merging them into one means either custom detection code, or the risk of misdetecting files.

Chris

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@xenic

Quote:

The version reported for the DT descriptors is:
"J2K . (29.7.08)" & "JP2 . (29.7.08)"
They need to be fixed so the version command interprets them correctly. (That way the version of the descriptors and the datatype will match)

Seems that MakeDT.rexx generates a version string even if I don't have a Version setting in the .dt file. Looks a little ugly with just the dot so I have added versions to both descriptor files.

Quote:

The source files for the descriptors (J2K,JP2) start with the comment:
# DataType file for a RIFF-WAVE Sound

You might want to change RIFF-WAVE to JPEG2000 to avoid any confusion for developers.

To be honest the comment doesn't really add any useful information and isn't visible to users anyway so I've removed it.

Quote:

Could you place the next upload in a directory before you archive it so the files don't get mixed with other files that might already exist in the destination dir?

This is what I've usually done, except with AmiUpdate the AutoInstall has to be in the archive root which makes this a lot more work.

Quote:

P.S. Why do we need 2 descriptors (J2K, JP2)??

Chris has already explained this quite well in this thread (couldn't have put it better myself actually).

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Check OS4Depot for libopenjpeg 1.3.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@ZeroG

Varthall has protected the old file so I'm waiting for him to reply to an email about replacing his file with yours.

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@orgin

Thanks, but OS4Depot already told me this during the upload.

Everybody is able to download it from the upload-queue while we are waiting for Vartalls reply.

BTW:
What happens with files in the upload-queue (and the outdated file) if the old uploader never replies to your email?

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@ZeroG

It's a bit different. In this case I know that I can get in contact with varthall in some way. And he's fairly known in the community so I'll wait until I get a reply either by email or otherwise.

If the file is very old and the contact email bounces then the file is replaced more or less directly since there's no way to contact the original uploader and there's no point in having lots of locked files around.

The aim is to replace the file when there's a new version up, particularly for open source stuff. For closed source I'm a bit cautious however since it's less likely that a totally different developer is working on a certain project.

It's basically a case by case procedure. The passphrase is always respected if it's set. How to proceed is basically a matter of the file, license, age and the people involved.

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@all

Sorry for the delay, it seems the email got somehow lost, the archive should be online in minutes.

Varthall

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@salass00

What is the problem with JPWL support?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ZeroG

There were some compiler errors but they were fixed by removing -std=c99 from the compiler options. v52.4 which I have uploaded now has JPWL support.

I have included the libopenjpeg sources in libopenjpeg/libopenjpeg_v1_3_src.lha in the archive. I removed everything that isn't needed for the static library to save space.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)