Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
70 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 70

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 (4)
Re: Compiling qemu X64 for OS4.1 (Ryzen) and also other CPU (MAC)
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

typing error I meant:

C:BootLoader COMMANDLINE "NoDiskPager"

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@white
C:BootLoader is only used on classic Amigas/WinUAE.

I'm not sure if a SWAP partition is usable on a QEmu Pegasos2 (with -m 2048) at all. Unless something radically changed in AmigaOS 4.x in the last 20 years only the first 2 GB of the 32 bit virtual address space are usable for RAM (incl. SWAP partition), the upper 2 GB are used for the PCI(e) address space.

A real Pegasos2 is AFAIK limited to 1 GB RAM and with a SWAP partition you can extent it to 2 GB.

On other systems more than 2 or 4 GB physical RAM can be used with the ExtMem feature, but from https://wiki.amigaos.net/wiki/Exec_Extended_Memory
Quote:
Pegasos 2 Warning
The extended memory feature currently does not work on the Pegasos II platform. Programmers are still encouraged to use ExtMem but may need to add an exception for the Pegasos II platform. Use IExpansion->GetMachineInfo() to verify which platform your code is executing on.

Quote:
I have not currently removed the SWAP
If I remove it, will it lead to invalidation of the disk ?
As long as you don't change anything in other partitions (moving, resizing, etc.) just deleting the SWAP partition is no problem.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@balaton

Quote:

Is that consistently so or you just happened to get different measurements or something else is changed on your system between these versions? If this reproduces consistently now with two QEMU versions and you want to find the cause then you could try to bisect which commit made it slower. As the test is automated you may even be able to script that and let the bisect run without intervention so you don't have to compile and test a lot of versions by hand. But 1-2 second may be within the variation that you get by running the test multiple times on the same QEMU version. Testing this on macOS with M1 where you sometimes get faster and slower runs may not be the best so maybe should be tested on something more stable where that issue does not happen.

I have also observed this behavior compared to Qemu 8.1 to Qemu 9 it has become slightly slower, you know that I like to test it with Quake as a benchmark and here I get 29.2 FPS (Qemu 9) with 8.1 it was 31-32 FPS always tested with the fastest session which always leads to the same result in speed.

Which commit has slowed down Qemu 9 will be hard to check there have been too many changes and I don't want to find out because it's still very fast and I'm not arguing about 1-3 FPS I think what is really missing is a better FPU emulation.

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 (4)