Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
214 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 214

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 72 »
Re: What the fastest possible x64 emulation way of OS4 today ?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@whiteQuote:
white wrote:@Maijestro

The theme I use was made by @imagodespira it's called EVO THEME I immediately liked it when I saw it.

It is not available on Osdepot to download it I had to subscribe to the German forum if I remember correctly

I think he likes his theme being used.

Can you provide the theme?

As mentioned before WinUae does not run under MacOs M1, there are no alternatives to Qemu on my system, that's why I use the Qemu emulation and I'm happy with what is currently possible.

For me it is the fastest emulation currently possible under MacOs. Also the 2D acceleration is very good. Of course I would have even more fun with 3d acceleration.

See the last 4 entries on http://hdrlab.org.nz/benchmark/gfxbench2d/OS/AmigaOS they are from me

Nevertheless I am happy that I can use AmigaOs4.1 in such a speed without having to buy overpriced hardware for it.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Maijestro

I understand you perfectly,
I started using 4.1 emulation with the A8 laptop
then with an "I5"

If Voodoo is implemented in qemu it's a good thing.

It's certainly not that I play Quake 2 with WinUAE emulation
it's just fun for me too.

For the EVO theme gladly, give me some time,
Thanks.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@whiteQuote:

I understand you perfectly,
I started using 4.1 emulation with the A8 laptop
then with an "I5"

If Voodoo is implemented in qemu it's a good thing.

It's certainly not that I play Quake 2 with WinUAE emulation
it's just fun for me too.

For the EVO theme gladly, give me some time,
Thanks.

Found it:

https://www.amigans.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=132776

It doesn't seem to be the same as theirs, the background image is different and the top left of the workbench is missing the BoingBall graphic.

https://ibb.co/GppyCc6

Edited by Maijestro on 2023/4/12 20:12:50
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Maijestro

I modified it a little, use the link I sent you
and follow the indicated path

if you don't have the "Themes" folder you have to create it and put EVO inside it

use theme

if everything is ok, save

the background for windows and menus is the backround you always find them inside the same folder.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@whiteQuote:

I modified it a little, use the link I sent you
and follow the indicated path

if you don't have the "Themes" folder you have to create it and put EVO inside it

use theme

if everything is ok, save

the background for windows and menus is the backround you always find them inside the same folder.

Use Theme is not executable maybe your archive is broken or AmigaOs4.1 has problems with .rar files, I unpacked it directly under AmigaOs4.1. I can customize the paths myself

https://ibb.co/sjY9XDT

I've got it somewhat worked out, I just need to know how to insert the icon in the top left then it's on their stand.

https://ibb.co/rHMdxtL

Edited by Maijestro on 2023/4/12 21:03:36
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Maijestro

I compacted it with winrar (windows)
if you have problems exchanging files you can create .iso and eventually mount them with qemu with everything you need inside.

The archive is not corrupted unpack it first with the MAC and then pass it on an .iso to use with qemu.

The path to Boing Title Bar:

Evo/BitMaps/SbarLogo/default

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@whiteQuote:

I compacted it with winrar (windows)
if you have problems exchanging files you can create .iso and eventually mount them with qemu with everything you need inside.

The archive is not corrupted unpack it first with the MAC and then pass it on an .iso to use with qemu.

The path to Boing Title Bar:

Evo/BitMaps/SbarLogo/default

Ok I got it done thanks for the help that theme is wonderful

https://ibb.co/fd90CbD

ZBalaton told me that if we have any suggestions for the Qemu Pegasos emulation we should write him directly and discuss it e.g. Voodoo emulation etc. he reads from time to time. So please contact him directly or post ideas on his project page.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Maijestro

I have no way of explaining to him how to do it,
But I guess among programmers it's easier to list what to use.

And how to implement the Voodoo3.
I'll leave him a message for Voodoo 3 because it would be a big step forward.

He could exchange some ideas with Toni or with the author of PCem

Among them who speak the same language it should be easier to understand each other

Ah by the way when I was using a real 68k amiga I had found a program that animated .GIFs I don't remember the name but it's still there on "aminet" it's very simple to use

Just create the BoingBall logo and provide it with coordinates
And you can have the animated BoingBall running on the TitleBar
Just create a sequence of few frames of the "BoingBall" and put it in the "startup"

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@whiteQuote:

I have no way of explaining to him how to do it,
But I guess among programmers it's easier to list what to use.

And how to implement the Voodoo3.
I'll leave him a message for Voodoo 3 because it would be a big step forward.

He could exchange some ideas with Toni or with the author of PCem

Among them who speak the same language it should be easier to understand each other

Ah by the way when I was using a real 68k amiga I had found a program that animated .GIFs I don't remember the name but it's still there on "aminet" it's very simple to use

Just create the BoingBall logo and provide it with coordinates
And you can have the animated BoingBall running on the TitleBar
Just create a sequence of few frames of the "BoingBall" and put it in the "startup"

Thanks for the tip I will test it later.

Good that you have written to him again. I am also in the process of solving the SFS problem with much luck can use the PPC of SFS, I'll get back to you later.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@white

Ok the problem with SFS under Qemu Pegasos 2 is solved by adding your startup line -cpu 7447.

The default settings for Qemu Pegasos 2 use a G3 PPC CPU. Test the whole thing and also start Ranger under AmigaOs4.1 there the CPU is displayed correctly also Altivec works with MPlayer.

Also the emulation will be much faster.

https://www.amiga-news.de/de/forum/thr ... 36423&start=121&BoardID=6

Take a look at the last entries

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Maijestro

WOW!!
Great

I knew that we exchange information on emulation we make progress.

ENABLED:
https://ibb.co/wpxZc2Q

Thank you

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Maijestro

Could you give me the settings you use with MickJTPlayer because I can't get it to work right.

If I use AmiTube qemu crashes completely
Whereas Emotion works perfectly.

If you prefer also 2 screenshots including settings in MPplayer-GUI

Thank you

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@whiteQuote:

Could you give me the settings you use with MickJTPlayer because I can't get it to work right.

If I use AmiTube qemu crashes completely
Whereas Emotion works perfectly.

If you prefer also 2 screenshots including settings in MPplayer-GUI

Thank you

Put everything on comp works perfectly for me. But I use the normal player not player altivec, but this also works with Odyssey YT Script.

Also AmiTube works very well with the new Cpu setting.

https://ibb.co/56wh2wn

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Maijestro

Perfect now everything works fine with the amiTube 1.4 version also with altivec.

if you want to see the files directly online without downloading them first:
run the program and edit the .ini file

here the .ini file:
[Player]
Path=Sys:Utilities/MultiView
Parameter=%f
MPEGPath=Sys:Utilities/MultiView
MPEGParameter=%f
URLPlayerPath=Amiga:Utilities/MickJT-MPlayer/mplayer-nonaltivec
(( or altivec player ))
URLParameter=-really-quiet -vo comp -autosync 30 %u
WGetPath=C:wget
WGetParameter=%u -O %f

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@whiteQuote:

Perfect now everything works fine with the amiTube 1.4 version also with altivec.

if you want to see the files directly online without downloading them first:
run the program and edit the .ini file

here the .ini file:
[Player]
Path=Sys:Utilities/MultiView
Parameter=%f
MPEGPath=Sys:Utilities/MultiView
MPEGParameter=%f
URLPlayerPath=Amiga:Utilities/MickJT-MPlayer/mplayer-nonaltivec
(( or altivec player ))
URLParameter=-really-quiet -vo comp -autosync 30 %u
WGetPath=C:wget
WGetParameter=%u -O %f

I already know these settings, we had already discussed this in the WinUae forum

Anyway thanks for the hint the G4 cpu emulation is very fast.

I made a short test video how the whole thing runs now with G4 CPU and SFS on my machine and I am partly very impressed by it, see for yourself.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M5r7TV8wDE

The video is still being edited for playback in HD

Edited by Maijestro on 2023/4/13 20:22:17
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Maijestro

And really very fast, now it's better than WinUAE
I wanted to test if the 1.5 ghz CPU was actually fast and not just with the values given by "Ranger" as an indicator.

Now I'm starting to configure everything so far I had done some superficial tests just to see how the emulation was.

Here the PSX 1 emulator with "Metal Gear Solid"
Grande game the only dubbed entirely in Italian of the entire saga.

What a pity for the Italian language dubbing of many games and yet the Italian market is very thriving and yet they continue to snub the Italian language in many games.

I wanted to ask you about the "Enhancer" did you install it before or after the AmigaOS updates ?
Because I bought them some time ago and they caused some problems with the updates.

I also write on EAB maybe someone joins the tests

Thank you

https://youtu.be/B-MSa_yyXM4

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Maijestro @white

Some impressive emulation speed there!
Looking forward to see where this is going.

1989-> A500, A600, A3000, A4000, A1200, CD32, µA1, PegII, A1XE, CDTV, Amy/416D79, A1X5000, Vampire 500 V2+, Vampire 600 V2, Amy-ITX, Denise ITX <-2024
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@khayoz

Yes, I'm impressed too, I'm happy now to use programs that used to be slow.
For example now in Scumm the interlude videos are perfect before the lip was not in sync with the transmitted video.

As for the 3D acceleration in this case for the Voodoo 3

Here is ZBalaton answer to my question:

Hello,
Voodoo emulation might be possible but it's not something I plan to do. I can provide advice and mentoring for somebody willing to put in the effort to implement it but I'd rather spend my time on other tasks that would be more difficult for others but help to improve the project better than adding yet another incomplete or limited graphics emulation. Since Voodoo emulation has been done in several other projects it is probably a good task for somebody willing to start working on this and a good way to learn the needed stuff. I'd look at a simple PCI graphics device such as qemu/hw/display/bochs-display.c as an example that shows how to define a PCI card in QEMU and what a graphics card needs then start from there and add the Voodoo emulation from an open source project of your choice. Before starting consider that the license of the sources must be compatible with QEMU which is GPL2+ so PCem, WinUAE and mame are probably compatible but check at gnu.org/licenses. .It can be a problem if ROMs that are not freely distributable are needed unless it also works without roms with at least a Linux or other guest as QEMU likely don't want to take an unusable device, so if it only works with non-free ROMs that cannot be included in QEMU then it may only be merged in the Qmiga project not in upstream QEMU.
I think implementing Voodoo emulation could only be a stop gap until better emulation could be written so I'd consider finishing ati-vga instead or writing AmigaOS drivers for QEMU's virtio-vga device which should now also be possible that the P96 API docs were published. I won't stop anybody who wants to contribute Voodoo emulation and as said I can help with giving advice and answer questions if I can but I don't want to spend my time on that now because of the above.

On another note, sm501 should support higher than 16 bit modes. If you check in Ranger it lists R8G8B8 as supported and it also works in 24/32 bit mode with MorphOS so it's probably something with AmigaOS that prevents these modes to be added. It may be something with the EDID info QEMU provices that don't work well with AmigaOS but I'm not sure. Enabling logging I get some info from the driver and it says a pixel clock value is missing but I don't know if that's relevant or where it should come from so that's also something to debug if anybody want's to look at it.

For those who don't frequent the ZBalaton mailing list.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@white

As I said, I'm looking forward to where it's going,
like when other coders implement new gfx solutions and such!

As long as AmigaOS 4.X stays PPC it's all good and I really don't
think we're going to see a X5000 replacement..
Prove me wrong Trevor! ;)

1989-> A500, A600, A3000, A4000, A1200, CD32, µA1, PegII, A1XE, CDTV, Amy/416D79, A1X5000, Vampire 500 V2+, Vampire 600 V2, Amy-ITX, Denise ITX <-2024
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@white @khayoz

Qemu Pegasos 2 has real potential, this emulation is very impressive and I am happy to use it.

Thanks for the video white it shows once again how fast this emulation is already without the still missing 3d acceleration.

At the moment everything is a bit scattered German users, as well as other language speaking people. However, there were many hints from users who are testing it.

There should be a central point where we can all share our experience. I will discuss this with BALATON Zoltan, it is a bit exhausting for me to keep everyone informed when there are changes regarding Qemu Pegasos 2. Only this way we can push the development forward. We as Amiga community can make a difference

You can see the latest developments on https://www.amiga-news.de/de/forum/thr ... 36423&start=121&BoardID=6
but it is not practical. I also don't want to have to register in countless Amiga forums.

Maybe someone has an idea how we can all meet in one and the same forum where the Amiga project can be discussed? I would take care that users gather there.

Otherwise we wait and see what BALATON Zoltan recommends, he is very nice and is grateful for any help.

Finally a few benchmarks I did with SysMon:

https://ibb.co/bBwjZrc SortBench

https://ibb.co/Rcw25Rg RageMem

https://ibb.co/9G2fZQD SDLBench

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 72 »