Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
144 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 143

AmigaPapst, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3)
Re: API hole? No way to find the full path of a link that is in a multi-assignment?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LiveForIt
Did you reply in the wrong thread?!?

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Re: API hole? No way to find the full path of a link that is in a multi-assignment?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Ha ha... I get it your never wrong... :-b

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LiveForIt
While I don't fully understand what you are getting it, there is no need to be nasty :( . I only politely indicated that I had no clue what post you were replying to, and that I didn't see how you post had anything to do with what was being discussed (beyond that you mention links).

If your post was supposed to be in this thread, then it would have helped enormously if you had quoted what you were reply to. As it stands, your post looks entirely out-of-context from my point of view (hence my suspicion that it might have been intended for another thread).

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ChrisH

You asked ME if I was SURE about that.

Quote:
Are you SURE about that? On the Amiga I thought that hardlinked files ALWAYS share ALL blocks?

And than I replayed yes it work like that on MacOSX/Linux/Unix, and thats how they do incremental backups whit hardlinks and Rsync on Unix like systems.

I was NOT being nasty, you where being impolite or trying to be funny suggesting "I was posting in the wrong thread".

I assumed you where being funny, thats way I give you ironic reply. But maybe you where just being impolite, you also wrote in BOLD letters, I can assum it means your screaming, so who is bing nasty?

If hard link always where the same blocks as the source, then there is it not possible to do incremental backups whit hardlinks, there for the hardlinks do not ALWAYS shere the same blocks, simple logic.

I did not say this in my last post, but gave you a user case.

I also assumed it did not work on AmigaOS, so complicity answered your question, but you can try to find that out your self.

Do I make make self clear now?

Anyway no point in continuing if your NOT interested.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2013/1/14 23:28:17
Edited by LiveForIt on 2013/1/14 23:30:51
Edited by LiveForIt on 2013/1/14 23:51:28
Edited by LiveForIt on 2013/1/15 0:03:33
Edited by LiveForIt on 2013/1/15 0:04:39
Edited by LiveForIt on 2013/1/15 0:15:10
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LiveForIt Quote:
you where being impolite or trying to be funny suggesting "I was posting in the wrong thread".

NEITHER was my intention, as I hope my earlier reply made clear. I simply did not understand which post (if any) you were replying to. My use of a smiley was supposed to indicate I meant no offence.

Sorry if my reply offended you

In any case, with the added quote, I now exactly understand what you meant.

Quote:
you also wrote in BOLD letters

I didn't write anything in bold letters. Rather I used bold to highlight the part of the quote I was specifically referring to.

Quote:
If hard link always where the same blocks as the source, then there is it not possible to do incremental backups whit hardlinks, there for the hardlinks do not ALWAYS shere the same blocks, simple logic.

Sure. I doubt this hard-link based incremental backups would work on an Amiga.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3)