Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
108 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 108

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: An Alternative Proposal to Amiga inc and Hyperion.
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Mikey_C

I think this is somewhat in the direction of a good idea, I even could add an idea, what about having a "Amiga Computing Unified Standards body", maybe where all the major people could be elected in, For example two from each camp, two AROS people, two MorphOS people, two Amiga Inc, two Hyperion, etc.. Anyway its fun to bounce around ideas .. And we could say these were the leaders and they had ten people with them to form a deciding body. And we could vote on all their ideas on the web to decide. Registered amigans. Hmm this almost sounds like a democratic state .. !

Go to top
Re: An Alternative Proposal to Amiga inc and Hyperion.
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@FihmpenRouk

Problem is "we" are less and less everytime AInc decide to sue another part of the Amiga World (tm). There was already a big division with the Thendic-Genesi affair, with a big bunch of people swearing they wouldn't buy anything with The Name (tm) on it, and a smaller division with people not believing in closed-source AmigaOS when AInc decided, when they were nearly bankrupt, not to open-source the OS (there was even a petition with a lot of signatures, remember?), but to try to develop it through a small Belgian company. That's without counting the undefined-but-I'm-sure-big amount of users that have simply left the platform because the lack of a REALLY leading company on top of all the whole thing.

Curiously enough, now that the small Belgian company has done even better than expected, investing so much time and money that they nearly bankrupt, and getting OS4 to really wonderful, unexpected levels, AInc. sues them!

Conclusion: they have proven to be so bad taking business decisions that every time the current Amiga Inc makes a move, a part of current Amiga users takes another path not related to the company, a path that will not bring any revenue to AInc., so "we", the ones still believing Amiga, our computer, the idea behind it ("computing is still fun") has a future, can't simply stand aside, something must be done or al least tried, even if it is just a proposal trying to stop another bad move, another amount of users leaving, and before the whole thing cracks down and we'll find we are one more of those forgotten, orphaned platforms...

So even if Mikey_C proposal does not reach any port, it's a good "thermometer" of what Amiga users are wanting from the companies involved: less fighting and more cooperation.

Saluditos,

Ferr?n.

Amiga user since 1988
AOS4 Betatester
Member of ATO Spain
A1 Cfg
OS4 SCR
A1200
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)