Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
65 user(s) are online (39 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 65

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: SMBFS 1.74
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ChrisH

Vista comes with a further (=incompatible in MS speech) version of sharing protocol, IIRC you should downgrade it to accept using a previous protocol. Don't ask me how or where I don't know.

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ChrisH

Quote:
Bah, I still can't get it to work with Vista. SMBFS just times-out after a while, saying could not connect to server

I got "can't find server" messages and such long waits with WXP before I added its name (computer name) into Internet prefs/Hosts page on my Amiga. Maybe it's same with WV.

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I wish that I'd remembered this thread earlier, because I'm doing a backup of my entire system to a NAS drive right now, and it is slooooow. I'll upgrade once I'm done.

@ChrisH

Quote:

ChrisH wrote:
@TSK
Bah, I still can't get it to work with Vista. SMBFS just times-out after a while, saying could not connect to server . Not sure how I can get more info to find out why it's failing.

My guess is that Vista requires encrypted passwords, which is something that smbfs doesn't provide (AFAIK). Sharity-light is an alternative that can handle encrypted passwords, which might be worth looking at.

@salass00

How hard would it be to get smbfs to pop up a requester asking for the password? My biggest complaint about smbfs is the way that you have to type in the password in the command line. TSK's workaround using RequestString is a partial solution. Ideally, we'd have the passwords encrypted somewhere on disk, but I'd settle for a password prompt.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Hans

I guess Salass00 does not know how hard it would be because as he mentionned in a previous post : he is *not* the author of the update he just applied the update on his own system.
But I think adding such a feature should not be more difficult than anywhere else : opening a requester asking for an obfuscated string.
What I would like to have in smbfs is automatic support of the timezone (via timezone.library) in order to correctly interpret times...

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)