Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
152 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 150

VooDoo, orgin, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: BreakHack
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
Today I did a new release of Breakhack that should work fine on Qemu. There is also a fix for the hi-score dates.

It is on the OS4Depot upload list but you can also find it in my personal git repo at
https://git.walkero.gr/walkero/breakhack/releases/tag/4.0.3r2

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:
walkero wrote:I just released the port of a game named BreakHack developed by Linus Probert. A great rogue-like game for having fun and a good time on your breaks from anything else.

Find more info at
https://ko-fi.com/post/BreakHack-released-for-AmigaOS-4-L3L6H7CO6

If you want to download it you can find it at https://git.walkero.gr/walkero/breakhack/releases/tag/4.0.3r1
and soon on OS4Depot.

Cool you are the best 😀 I test it later and give feedback if it works. Thank you very much

Edit:The game is really good, I just need to understand it a little more. The background music alone is very atmospheric. Thanks for porting and adapting the 16 bit mode for Qemu Peg2 AmigaOs4.1.

Again a pearl more which came on my Games hard disk ,-)

Is there actually a fullscreen output?

Edited by Maijestro on 2023/7/4 23:30:30
Edited by Maijestro on 2023/7/4 23:36:36
Edited by Maijestro on 2023/7/5 0:05:59
Edited by Maijestro on 2023/7/5 0:12:41
MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@Maijestro
Thank you for testing it. I am glad it works for you. I didn't do much other than compile it with the latest SDL. All the needed work was done by Capehill on his fabulous port.

You can go fullscreen with CTRL+F but on my system, it was a little bit slow because of the software rendering.

Follow me on
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@walkeroQuote:
walkero wrote:@Maijestro
Thank you for testing it. I am glad it works for you. I didn't do much other than compile it with the latest SDL. All the needed work was done by Capehill on his fabulous port.

You can go fullscreen with CTRL+F but on my system, it was a little bit slow because of the software rendering.

Thanks for pointing it out, it runs perfectly and there is no speed difference between window and full screen.

Thanks again

@Capehill

I would also like to thank them again for providing these libraries (SDL2).

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@walkero

great stuff thanks for the update

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
we're playing Breakhack for this months gaming competition so let's get gaming on our OS4.1 machines and post your high score here:

https://www.amigans.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=9273

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@walkero

while playing today I go a DSI Grim Reaper which I PM'd to you so as not to clog this thread

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@walkero

I wanted to ask you if you could check your port breakhack on real hardware. I noticed that BreakHack doesn't work anymore it just gives me a window with black content. Maybe changes within SDL2 made it unusable.

Things I usually use under AmigaOs4.1 like MilkyTracker/LiteXL/ScummVM etc. which are based on SDL2 work without problems with sdl 2.30.0 only your BreakHack doesn't work anymore.

If you have some time I would be happy if you could have a look at it. I would like to play a round of BreakHack again

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@Maijestro
The game is compiled with SDL2 static libraries. That means that the version you have installed in your system doesn't really matter. The only thing that can change its behaviour is the SDL2 prefs and the selections you made there. Probably you changed your configurations there.

Saying that, I checked locally and the game doesn't have any issue with the 2.30.0 being installed.

Follow me on
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@walkero

Quote:
walkero wrote:@Maijestro
The game is compiled with SDL2 static libraries. That means that the version you have installed in your system doesn't really matter. The only thing that can change its behaviour is the SDL2 prefs and the selections you made there. Probably you changed your configurations there.

Saying that, I checked locally and the game doesn't have any issue with the 2.30.0 being installed.

Strange I downloaded Breakhack again from Os4Deopt and now it works. I I hadn't changed anything in the SDL2 settings.

Thank you anyway.

Edited by Maijestro on 2024/2/22 18:09:04
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@walkero

The problem was caused by myself by disabling DiskCache.library.kmod in the kicklayout it resulted in significantly longer loading times by having only one window with black content. With Diskcache enabled everything is fine. I just wanted to let you know.

See also: https://www.amigans.net/modules/newbb/ ... id=146699#forumpost146699

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@Maijestro
Thank you so much for letting me know. It is interesting that this was the reason.

Follow me on
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)