Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
126 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 124

davec555, MickJT, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

SuperTux 0.6.3
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Is there a possibility that we can port the current version of SuperTux for AmigaOs4.1?

I know there is already SuperTux for AmigaOs4.1 but the version on Os4Depot is 0.1.3 and 13 years old and there have been many changes in this game.

If the effort is not too big I would be happy if someone could port it for AmigaOs4.1.

https://www.supertux.org/download.html

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Re: SuperTux 0.6.3
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@walkeroQuote:

They are 2 completely different games "SuperTux" is a jump and run game similar to Super Mario. As far as I read it would work with sdl in 2d.

Supertuxkart is a racer and no this one does not work under AmigaOs4.1 because of the lack of 3d acceleration.

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
My mistake. You are right...

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Maijestro

that depends on if its warp3d or warp3d nova game.

older warp3d games, can use wazp3d as software renderer.
should work on QEMU as well.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Maijestro
Quote:

Supertuxkart is a racer and no this one does not work under AmigaOs4.1 because of the lack of 3d acceleration.

Small remark : of course it works under amigaos4.1, because i do this port exactly for amigaos4, and yeah it uses 3d drivers. The old version i port years ago do use MiniGL, and more or less fresh version do use GL4ES (so warp3dnova and ogles2).

Probably what you mean by "amigaos4.1 lack of 3d acceleration", is that you can't use 3d acceleration under QEMU ? But then, as you're aware, 3d acceleration work in QEMU now too, when you use pass-through gfx card supported by nova.

As of waZp3d software emulation: forget it, it was never bug free and speedy enough to be any of practical use. Best way to get a decent PC and second RadeonHD hard, and have full use of 3d as well.

And at the end, as for SuperTux game (the platformer one) : i downloaded latest sources, and seeing dependencies it looks doable to port, but again, if i will do it, it will be again GL4ES based, so, working Warp3Dnova setup is must.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Of course I meant due to lack of drivers or missing 3d acceleration under Qemu AmigaOs4.1 and that it also only there does not run.

You could port it with software rendering and Warp3d Nova support. It would then not only be usable for Qemu but also under WinUae and of course on real hardware. All systems could then use it, but that is of course up to them.

I have tested a few things with Wazp3d and yes you are right it is slow and shows mostly wrong pixels and colors.

As you can see I am currently using a MacStudio and cannot use a real Garfik card with Qemu AmigaOs4.1. The whole GPU passthrough thing under Qemu is largely untested and may only have alpha status, plus, as mentioned, it is not user-friendly and hard to set up. Things will surely only improve with time and Qemu 8.x.

@walkero

No problem the name sounds similar.

Edited by Maijestro on 2023/7/11 15:06:14
Edited by Maijestro on 2023/7/11 15:11:20
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Entschuldigung, dummer Beitrag