Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
61 user(s) are online (35 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 61

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

peg2 firmware and os4_command line
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Maybe someone can help me to understand what i do wrong:

We have 2 ways to setup what to redirect to serial outputs: kdebug utility and firmware. With kdebug all works for me fine, but i can't make it works from peg2's firmware/os4-bootloader.

The os4 bootloader have variable (the same for all firmwares as i know): os4_commandline.

All what i want now, its pass to "os4_commandline" variable those values: "serial" "munge" and "debug level X" values at one time.

For first, i just tryed with only "serial". So far i tried like this and it didn't works for me:

Quote:

2 of : /pci/ide/disk@0,0:0 amigaboot.of os4_commandline=serial " endof

and

Quote:

2 of : /pci/ide/disk@0,0:0 amigaboot.of os4_commandline='serial' " endof

and

Quote:

2 of : /pci/ide/disk@0,0:0 amigaboot.of os4_commandline 'serial' " endof

and

Quote:

2 of : /pci/ide/disk@0,0:0 amigaboot.of os4_commandline serial " endof

And all the same but with adding "console" before serial too. none of them seems to works, and only when i use kdebug from shell like

Quote:

shell:> kdebug "console serial"

It start to works, but for my own reasons i need to set it all from via bootloader's os4_commandline variable, and not via kdebug (don't ask why, just need it like that).

I know that on x1000 it is like this:

Quote:

os4_commandline DEBUGLEVEL=0 SERIAL

So without quates, just big letters via space between values.

And know that for uboots its like:

Quote:

os4_commandline='munge'

I.e. just with quotes.

But how it should be for peg2 and how to make it works now..

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Re: peg2 firmware and os4_command line
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Just an observation, and it may be red herring, but everyone of your commandlines you shown has a stray " at the end, if that is really there then perhaps it is messing something up?

Go to top
Re: peg2 firmware and os4_command line
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Andy
They should be at beginning and end of strings with one space to make it works (i just copy + paste without first " ).

There is my full bootmenu.txt.

Line #30 is load amigaboot.of and pass os4_commandline to it. The way as it now in my config it just didn't works, and serial logging for me start to works only when i use kdebug.

I even grep amigaboot.of in hex editor: it have os4_commandline string, so it here and should work, just seems need to pass params somehow different .. How it done on SAM/uboot if you want for example to set "serial+munge+debuglevel7" ?

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post