Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
155 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 155

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

AmiDock very strange problem.
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hello folks.

I do not know how this happend but I suddenly lost ALL THE CONTENTS and Icons of my AmiDock bar on AmigaOS 4.1.6 @ my AmigaOne XE.

Perhaps I have to change my hard disk, as I keep on getting some erros on my System Partition that gets away when I run the repair Partition command from the AmigaOS Bootable CD and the PartitionWizzard. Anyway...

Perhaps one of the AmiDock files that keeps the prefs about the icons and the apps in there is corrupted. Which file is it? Is there any general backup that I cna sue to bring up the basic stuff on the Amidock? I cna add the rets of the apps in hand.

The AmiDock now appers on the lower left corner of the screen as a little box, with NO icons at all.

Thanks!

Go to top
Re: AmiDock very strange problem.
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
The file you want is ENVARC:Sys/AmiDock.amiga.com.xml
If you delete it (and ENV:Sys/AmiDock.amiga.com/xml) it should return to default configuration. I would suggest to quit AmiDock before doing that though.

There's also an ENVARC:Sys/AmiDock.amiga.com.xml.sample which you could copy or rename without ".sample" on the end, if deleting the other file doesn't work.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thanks for the fast reply! Renaming the .sampler to .xml will bring back a very basic dock. Shame I have not kept a bakc up of this file. Is there a generic own somewhere including the 4.1.6 apps and icons? -Perhaps on the install CD- I can not check right now cause I got the CD on my other house, but will do soon.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Copied the XML file from my Samantha 4.1.6 install, added the rest of the apps with hand. Thanks for helping!

Go to top

Register To Post