Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
137 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 135

Raziel, bigmac, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

ProAction 1.3 now available.
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I uploaded ProAction 1.3 to os4depot last night

download

It adds support for more gadgets and Tags and support for manipulating Exec Lists.

Rather than make anwes item I though I'd start this thread. Because I need feedback from script writers about their GUI needs. Which gadgets and tags do you need to create your GUIs? Is anything unclear in the dodumentation? Do you need exampkes of any specific code?

The latest docs and examples are here:

docs

Edited by broadblues on 2012/8/9 22:39:27
Go to top
Re: ProAction 1.3 now available.
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
From what i test its all usuall quality and intersting stuff from Andy, so donated.

@Andy
I have in mind only one "maybe feature to implemnt", its possiblity to build ready to use executables, in which proaction are inbuild.

I.e. like i use on win32/unix "perl2exe" tool, which make from perl scripts exe (which in reality mean putting interpritator of perl to the binary + handle of script itself).

But as proaction its even not so fat and big as perl, i assume it can be pretty possible, so coders/users will have ability to build stanalone bins, without needs to run proaction binary => better for end users even if it will be a bit fat (but those few kbs of proaction size mean nothing of course).

It canbe like "pra2exe" for standalone programms, and if going futher maybe it can be extended to possibility to make all of this (proaction+script) as C massive and reuse it from another C programm (in other words, when programmer write something, and want simply prefs window).

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Re: ProAction 1.3 now available.
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:

From what i test its all usuall quality and intersting stuff from Andy, so donated.

Thansk!

Quote:

@Andy
I have in mind only one "maybe feature to implemnt", its possiblity to build ready to use executables, in which proaction are inbuild.

I.e. like i use on win32/unix "perl2exe" tool, which make from perl scripts exe (which in reality mean putting interpritator of perl to the binary + handle of script itself).

I understand the concept you are describing, but ProAction is an ARexx host that gives scripts access to Reaction / BOOPSI gadgets. It's not a language as such that you can compile.

If your scripting langage is compilable you could compile the script that interacts with ProAction, but ProAction itself would always be seperate. But that's is no different to a library, just a slightly different way to interact with it.

Quote:

But as proaction its even not so fat and big as perl,

Haha not yet There are something like 1500 Tags in the SDK an I've process and implemented the most used 200 or so, so ProAction will be a bit more bloated by te time it's complete.

Quote:

reuse it from another C programm (in other words, when programmer write something, and want simply prefs window).

You can in principle use from C allready, but it would much less efficient than sing Reaction directly. Certainly at the GUI building stage. ProAction has to search a database for the value of a Tag a C program can difine it directly.

Also converting all your message to and from text strings would be fiddly in C but in a scripting language like ARexx or python you are often dealing with strings transparently

Go to top

Register To Post