Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
147 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 145

orgin, balaton, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Someone using gameport on a Pegasos 2 with AOS4.1.2?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hello guys,

The title say it already.

I tried everything i could think to make AOS4.1 update 2 to recognize my analog joystick plugged in the Pegasos 2 gameport, but haven't succeeded.

Do someone here knows how to use the gameport on OS4?

Just to be of reference, it works very well in MorphOS (even in MOS 1.4), and all i have to do is plug the joystick and run a game or E-UAE, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Go to top
Re: Someone using gameport on a Pegasos 2 with AOS4.1.2?
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Have you been into AmigaInput prefs and checked for it in the PCI categories?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hello Chris,

Yes, but i can't calibrate the device.

In fact, the device appears as "not working", what i find strange.

I understand the need for drivers to enable specific USB gaming devices support, as they need to be recognized. But I thought that gameport would be just te case to plug the device and play a game? It's analogic device after all.

In other site i made the same question, one person told that the Pegasos gameport is not supported by AOS4.1, as far as he knows.

Can someone confirm this? If it's true it's really sad! I was counting on it because the USB gaming device support is still buggy, and i don't want to spend more money in USB gamepads. I already have enough of them, but unfortunately none that is compatible with OS4...

Thanks!

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Any standard USB HID gamepad device should work.

I suggest asking over in the Pegasos2 forum at Hyperion about the gameport, but if you've been told it doesn't work that's probably true.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hello again Chris,

I think all of my USB gamepads are standard HID devices. I´m sure the one i use the most (it´s a leadership branded one, small pc controller) is HID compliant. And it doesn´t work.

I´ll have to wait a little bit to post on the Hyperion forums, as it seems that the registration guy is on vacation. That´s what Hans-Joerg said me.

But as soon as i have access i´ll do it!

In the meantime i´ve got lots of replies on AW.net, and i´m just waiting for some free time to try the gameport of a Soundblaster PCI soundcard.

I´m also looking at an adapter called "Retro Adapter". It seems to be very nice, but it´s unconfirmed the OS4 compatibility. I want to test it, so i´m looking for the parts to do it myself.

Another user told me about the Stelladapter, but some people said (on other forums) that it has some lag...

I´m planning to start a list of the confirmed working gaming devices for OS4. If i really do it, i´ll let you guys know.

Thanks for your replies, man!

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Quote:

mugo wrote:
Hello again Chris,

I think all of my USB gamepads are standard HID devices. I´m sure the one i use the most (it´s a leadership branded one, small pc controller) is HID compliant. And it doesn´t work.

I find that very strange, and definitely worth reporting on the Hyperion forums as well. There is obviously a bug in the implementation somewhere.

Go to top

Register To Post