Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
95 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 95

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

a brek fuction for os 4.x !?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
i am wondering if ther is an hot key combination to terminate a running program, i know it can be done with exorcist.but i am think more like "alt" "crtl" "D" like with shell scripts. it works fine with winxp when press "ALT" "F4"

if ther is no way to do this. maby the friden broters can note it down to do it a later on...

it shouldnt suprise mee if its is posible allready i just dont know it..
???

Go to top
Re: a brek fuction for os 4.x !?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
C:break PROCESS/N,NAME/K,ALL/S,C/S,D/S,E/S,F/S

will send ctrl c etc to a named or numbered process. The process need not obey it though. There is no foolproof 'SIG_TERM' on an Amiga.

Depending on how well written the program is it might die cleanly or might just abort leaving windows etc open...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
yes i just tryet it out..
ctrl c work at some point. but i remember it was something with "ctrl alt D"
anyway. maby a hot key to exorcist !!! could be posible

lets wait and see what will happend when full kernel protection and memory comes around....

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
It's not a kernel function.

You need a means to abort a running task/process cleanly and that isn't possible from outside the task, because you don't know what resources the task has allocated or requested. The way AmigaOS is designed, only the task itself can perform a graceful cleanup and exit. There are some hacks that can close somebody else's window, but they won't work once we get proper memory management.

Ctrl-C won't work unless the task is waiting for keyboard input. SIGF_BREAK won't work unless the task is written to watch out for it and obey it. We don't have any means to abort a task like Windows' "Exit Task".

cheers
tony
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
didnt ther talk about running the old exec??? in a sandbox or something. okey it work work with the up comming memory solution...

i gues its multitask to exorcist and then do it that way.
i was allso think of when a program was dooing a hard crash,and then the amiga got to the grim reaper and then do it that way. but its not allways thats work well... sometimes its just hanning around on my system. not even the posabilaty to multitask out and shut it down...

Go to top

Register To Post