Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 106

jarokuczi, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

GCC 2.95.3 on my SAM Flex but Target Classic Amiga 020-060
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Ummm, does anyone want to sort that out for me please?

Yes, I know, it's a cross compiler for m68k natively running on modern OS4.1.2 hardware...

I think what has happened is because I have spent the last two weeks sorting and cleaning my huge Amiga collection and noticing all the lovely old hardware etc that I miss running some of the software I used too... especially stuff that won't compile on the newer gccs...

I know there is a gcc 2.95.3 for AmigaOS4 but it lacks all the other includes etc, I'd have to try and compile all the packages and there's only one way that will end LOL

Where is Gunther Nikl when you need him? heh but then, hey, don't we have Zer0 guy who has heaps of these cross compilers what's one more I say!

hmmm... I will still need to use some other packages... I wonder if the rest will run under 020 emulation? ie I mean, say you were to transplant the entire geekgadgets installation and only have new versions of the actual compilers and possibly binutils etc... will the rest which are m68k run under emulations...

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Re: GCC 2.95.3 on my SAM Flex but Target Classic Amiga 020-060
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Slayer

To be honest, better get a fast Linux machine and use zerohero's cross compilers on this. Linux will do the same work a lot of times faster.

You might argue about native development, but a 68k cross compiler running on OS4 is the same non-native development like a 68k cross compiler running on Linux.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@tboeckel

Yes, but then I'd have to setup Linux? But then I suppose there has been plenty of time to compile all the other packages to run in this environment as well... just thought it wouldn't take much since the other packages with bin executables would run under OS4.1 already...

Thanks for your comments I don't own any other machines though

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Slayer

If you have access to a Windows system you could just install cygwin.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@salass00

Or AmiDevCpp.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Errr

I just made a post like this on EAB

I've owned an Amiga since early 1986 and never owned or used any other cpu system... sorry but its another reason why I thought I'd ask for a native SAM Flex 2.95.3

It's not about the compiling its simply about using an Amiga to resolve an AmigaOS idea.

I choose 2.95.3 because it seems to offer the best compatiability and stability and I choose the SAM to get 800Mhz compiling power instead of 060 compiled... and the older warp version worked ok on my 233Mhz 604e but I don't think it was perfect... I'll try it again if I have too... once I get my classics sorted!

Thanks for your interest guys

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Slayer

Quote:
hmmm... I will still need to use some other packages... I wonder if the rest will run under 020 emulation? ie I mean, say you were to transplant the entire geekgadgets installation and only have new versions of the actual compilers and possibly binutils etc... will the rest which are m68k run under emulations...
For what do you need newer m68k binutils? GeekGadgets, incl. the m68k-amigaos-gcc compilers (2.93.3 as well as the last version 3.4.0), does work on AmigaOS 4.x, you just have to replace the AmigaOS 3.x/m68k ixemul.library and ixnet.library, which can't work on AmigaOS 4.x, by the AmigaOS 4.x versions.

Unless you need C++ you should use VBCC instead for building AmigaOS 3.x/m68k software on AmigaOS 4.x, it's very easy to install and the executables are PPC native.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

Quote:

joerg wrote:
For what do you need newer m68k binutils? GeekGadgets, incl. the m68k-amigaos-gcc compilers (2.93.3 as well as the last version 3.4.0), does work on AmigaOS 4.x, you just have to replace the AmigaOS 3.x/m68k ixemul.library and ixnet.library, which can't work on AmigaOS 4.x, by the AmigaOS 4.x versions.

Unless you need C++ you should use VBCC instead for building AmigaOS 3.x/m68k software on AmigaOS 4.x, it's very easy to install and the executables are PPC native.

Well that is good to hear but I had already thought anything compiled for m68k had a good chance of running under the emulation on the SAM.

But what I want is GCC and probably Binutils compiled for the SAM Flex and targetting the m68k because of the speed

I'm just a compiler that cuts and pastes etc and includes missing headers and can sometimes do more tricker stuff so I don't really want to use VBCC, I'm used to GCC.

If I can't get a SAM specific compiled version of gcc 2.95.3 for example then the thread really has been a waste of time... I might as well use one of my many 060 m68k machines to just use the normal gcc installation...

A 800Mhz 1gig SAM has got to be faster at generating code than a 50Mhz 060 or a 233Mhz 604e which only has WarpOS versions of CC0 and CC1 if I remember rightly...

I don't have access to other machines nor do I want too

When the X1000 comes out I'm going to want a X1000 version too LOL

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Slayer

You can compile old sources whit

gcc my_source.c -o my_prog.exe -D__USE_OLD_TIMEVAL__ -D__USE_INLINE__ -lauto

put this lines around OpenLibrary()

#ifndef __AMIGAOS4__
#endif

#ifdef __AMIGAOS3__
#include <clib/intuition_protos.h>
#include <clib/utility_protos.h>
#include <clib/exec_protos.h>
#endif

#ifdef __AMIGAOS4__
#include <proto/intuition.h>
#include <proto/utility.h>
#include <proto/exec.h>
#endif

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@joerg
Quote:

For quite some time I was using stripped down GG installation to compile 68k binaries on OS4. I had replaced "make" and "sh" with the OS4 SDK versions and installed the OS4 native ixemul.library. That stopped working with OS 4.1 or OS 4.1u1 on my SAM Flex. GCC crashes in ixemul.library now. Strangely, I can compile single source files directly with GCC but not with a makefile.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@xenic

Quote:
For quite some time I was using stripped down GG installation to compile 68k binaries on OS4. I had replaced "make" and "sh" with the OS4 SDK versions and installed the OS4 native ixemul.library. That stopped working with OS 4.1 or OS 4.1u1 on my SAM Flex. GCC crashes in ixemul.library now. Strangely, I can compile single source files directly with GCC but not with a makefile.
What you did could never work and I'm very surprised you ever got that working at all without always crashing. Stefan's AmigaOS 4.x ixemul.library can only be used for emulated m68k software, it does not support PPC native software at all (incl. using a PPC native sh or make). You have to use the GeekGadgets m68k make and sh. Not all versions of the GeekGadgets pdksh work with the AmigaOS 4.x ixemul.library, but at least one version works without any problems (the one I'm using is v5.2.12, md5sum b9e45726b0d2a1196b29fd3ef9859676).
The only feature missing in Stefan's AmigaOS 4.x ixemul.library for emulated m68k software is automatic stack enlargment, unlike on AmigaOS 3.x you have to make sure the stack is large enough before running things like make, configure or gcc directly. Of course you have to make sure the PATH is limited to the m68k GeekGadgets tools as well before starting anything from GeekGadgets, if it would for example include the AmigaOS 4.x SDK directories something could start PPC native SDK programs instead of the GeekGadgets m68k ones which would crash.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@joerg
Strangely, the OS4 native sh and make did work on my ?A1 but they were very early versions of both commands. Recent versions were more OS4 SDK oriented and didn't work or work as well. When I used them with GeekGadgets my OS4 SDK was not initialized and SDK: was not assigned at all. I set GeekGadgets PATHS for both commands with environmental variables. I think the problem started when I switch to a SAM Flex. My setup may still work on the ?A1 but it's in the closet right now so I'm not sure. I started using the OS4 make and sh because I had problems with the GG version of those commands.

Go to top

Register To Post