Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
67 user(s) are online (25 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 66

beworld, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

To Understand The Way I Am...
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Wanted to write a "Free For All" topic in hope to make people get a better understanding of how i am and
the way i am as a person and a character...

I'm 34 years old from Bergen City Of Norway,
and a former AmigaWorld-member and Amiga user.
Have been supporting the Amiga since 1987, and
my first Amiga was an Amiga 1200 back in 1994,
but i tried an Amiga 500 from a brother of mine
in the end of the 80-ies. Got a second A1200T-system
in 1997 and turnt that into a PPC A1200T-system
running AmigaOS 3.9. I had 2 AmigaOne systems,
both G3 and G4 of XE, running up to Pre4 AmigaOS 4.0.
That was from 2003 to 2006. The two last systems were
damaged because of too much focus on overclocking...

It's important to understand that i have always watched the Amiga development from the time when Amiga 1000 firstly appeared, and i know that AmigaOne X1000 and
SAM460ex are on the way...

There is also something i want to clear up: Some of you claim that there was NEVER a roadmap of AmigaOS.
Actually, it was, but not directly from Hyperion Entertainment. The information about AmigaOS 4.1.1,
a hint of 4.1.2 and AmigaOS 4.2, came from Octobober
2009, and was announced during an Amiga show...

We already know what was made into AmigaOS 4.1 Update 1 (we know it as 4.1.1), and we know that Hyperion Entertainment have done an inital port of the latest AmigaOS 4.1 to the A1-X1000 hardware, now working on completing the drivers to support the new hardware components of X1000...

AmigaOS 4.2 are said to be the first AmigaOS 4 NOT available for FREE, and will contain a lot of serious plumbing work, especially into further USB-support.
USB2 might become a standard in AmigaOS 4.2,
a new graphic subsystem and some better 3D-
performance, perhaps even some new 3D-features,
better handling of Shell, Java and SMP-support (which as a start will be a small one, as such things will need a lot of updates to become fully completed) and as well small
improvements on other things, perhaps even bug fixes..

It's true that we don't know if Hyperion have further AmigaOS 4 versions in thoughts, or if they want to jump right into AmigaOS 5 after AmigaOS 4.2...

Be aware of this, and even i am saying this: ANY AmigaOS4 versions will NOT be a fully 64-bit SMP AmigaOS, but AmigaOS 5 is likely to be that..

Hyperion might have better ideas to AmigaOS 5 than what Amiga Inc had, but it's not unthinkable that AmigaOS 5 will be a fully 64-bit SMP OS finally able to
run on several CPU platforms, like any other modern
OSes out there...

But for now, we should be able to get the best from PPC in AmigaOS 4.x and have a lot of fun, because Amiga again proves that computing is fun.

I love the Amiga and have always done, and will continue to do so to the day i die. I'm here to stay..

Soon to own a powerful AmigaOne X1000 with latest AmigaOS 4.1 incarnation ;) Dual Core PPC!

- Helgis
Go to top

Register To Post