Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
132 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 129

trixie, samo79, Yodaphone, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Is it possible to create a Video DVD ISO with AmiDVD?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I just needed to make a copy of a DVD with video of one of my bands, I had all the component files on my SAM allready so I though I could just create an ISO with AmiDVD.

However the result was apparently a "data disk" that wouldn't play in the DVDDplayer nor in DvPlayer (allthough manually selecting the VOB files would).

A confusing issue was that the original DVD didn't work on my DVDplayer either although it did play in DvPlayer as a DVD. That could be a media issue I supose, it'a a very fussy / cheap DVDPlayer.

So in the end I switched to linux on my x86 box, but found more problems and just copied the DVD to an ISO with brasiro and copied the ISO back to the SAM with ftp. Burnt it with AmiDVD and all went perfectly, the result even played in my DVDPlayer!

So how could I have saved a couple of hours (and in particular the linux pain) and create the iso on my SAM?

I'm not talking about "authoring" the DVD from a mpeg or anithing, just creating the final ISO from the "authored" files.

Go to top
Re: Is it possible to create a Video DVD ISO with AmiDVD?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@broadblues

AFAIR AmiDVD was designed for backup in mind not authoring !

One solution would be to use the mkisofs utils suite to build your dvd image and then burn it with AmiDVD.

or use dvdauthor from os4depot.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Lio

He isn't interested in doing authoring as he already has the VIDEO_TS/AUDIO_TS directory structure.

Getting dvdauthor to generate the DVD directory once you have the video as one or more mpg file(s) is pretty simple at least as long you don't want to create a menu:

makedir DVD
dvdauthor -o DVD/ -t -v pal+16:9 -f Movie-1.mpg -f Movie-2.mpg
dvdauthor -o DVD/ -T

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@both

Thanks for the replies, yes Salass00 you'rre right in saying that I don't need to author it, for this project at least. Intertsing that dvdauthor is allready ported I'd thought about looking at that one myslef, assuming it's the same tool. I'll checkout mkisofs

Go to top

Register To Post