Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Using OWB with GOFetch download manager ?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hello

I am trying to GoFetch download manager with OWB 3.22 as a download manager

You can find GoFetch on Aminet http://aminet.net/search?query=gofetch. E Source code and public keyfile is available.

I tried to modify the included browser.rexx (in GoFetch archive) for OWB, but I couldn't get it work yet..

Can someone who has a better know how in Arexx and E look at the source ?

Thanks..

Go to top
Re: Using OWB with GOFetch download manager ?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Sinan
Without knowing how you intend to use GOFetch & the browser script with I can't really tell what you should do. I've found several workarounds to get better D/L management with OWB though. The simplest is to use the IBrowse D/L manager by sending the URL to IBrowse. I run IBrowse on the same screen as OWB. When I want to D/L something, I use the OWB popup menu to copy the link location and then select the IBrowse "Edit/Paste Clipboard to URL" menu item to start the D/L in IBrowse. IBrowse then opens a requester for the file save location and then sends it to it's D/L manager.
I've also used HTTPResume in a similar fashion. I wrote a simple script that I start with the OWB "External bookmark" menu item. I copy the link location with the OWB popup menu, start HTTPResume with the "External bookmark" menu item, click the URL arrow in HTTPResume to copy the URL from the clipboard and start the D/L.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@xenic

Both GoFetch and OWB has Arexx ports. I intend to do this:

When you click on a file link, OWB will send the url link to GoFetch and GoFetch will start download automatically.

Just like IE + GetRight on Windows...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Sinan
Quote:

Both GoFetch and OWB has Arexx ports. I intend to do this:

When you click on a file link, OWB will send the url link to GoFetch and GoFetch will start download automatically.

Just like IE + GetRight on Windows...

Just because OWB has an ARexx port, that doesn't mean that it has an ARexx command to send the url link to another program or script. Unless there are some undocumented OWB ARexx commands, I don't think you can do what you have described. If OWB had a Tooltype to set which clipboard unit the context (popup) menu copies the URL link to, you could set a program or script to wait for a change in that unit and call a program like GoFetch or IBrowse to download the file. A lot of sites are using scripted downloads instead of HTML links so even that method will fail.
Until OWB has user MIME settings and the ability to call external programs to handle those MIMEs, an external D/L manager will only be minimally useful. .

Go to top

Register To Post