Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
160 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 159

BSzili, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Gfx Problem [SOLVED]
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Amiga 4000 / OS4 Classic -- Is there any way to re configure my PicassoIV modes without re installing the whole OS4? I deleted the PicassoIV driver by mistake, brought it back form the 4.0 CD but not even picture in Monitor after the reboot. Brought the PicassoIV driver from the 3.9 install and the system would boot only in PAL mode.
Any help?

Edited by CountRaven on 2009/9/17 13:39:01
A1-XE/800Mhz
Amiga 4000PPC
Sam440EP/667Mhz
PegasosII G4/1.0GHz
Go to top
Re: Gfx Problem
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@CountRaven

You could try to edit the tooltypes of the PicassoIV monitor file in devs:monitors ad point the it to the OS 3.9 picasso96Settings file.

At least that worked for me when I was setting up the Radeon card (which I never got fully working - but at least all the screenmodes from OS 3.9 showed up in screenmode prefs).

I have OS 3.9 on another partition so you will have to also have access to your OS 3.9 install in order to point to the file, obviously.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thanks!

I did it but with no success.

I guess that all the settings of the driver are stored in the PicassoIV.info file.

I bring back the original PicassoIV and PicassoIV.info file from the Stroage folder but still no normal picture -flickering-.

I guess I should edit the correct settings and values on the tool type section of the info file.

Would be great if someone with a PicassoIV card on 4.0 could send me the .info file to use as an example. I got a normal TFT monitor.

Or paste the tooltypes stuff in here/

Thanks.

Edited by CountRaven on 2009/9/17 11:56:47
A1-XE/800Mhz
Amiga 4000PPC
Sam440EP/667Mhz
PegasosII G4/1.0GHz
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Simply edit the tooltype of the picasso monitor located in devs/monitor adding the resolution in this way :

MODE=640x480@60
MODE=800x600@60

and so on..

If your system still boot on aga, check that the flag " executable " is checked in picasso monitor or it won't work.. ( you said that you copied from cd ) sometimes even during the installation at the end an error about " protection " show up here on my miggy and the voodoo doesn't work for that reason..

maybe..

Edit: almost forgot, set also the Horizontal and Vertical frequencies of your monitor !

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@nubechecorre

Thanks so much man.

I was ready to type "fixed" and I saw your post.

The horizonal and vertical stuff was the missing link and should be set currently on the tooltypes.

Now everything is back into normal mode.

Thanks.

A1-XE/800Mhz
Amiga 4000PPC
Sam440EP/667Mhz
PegasosII G4/1.0GHz
Go to top

Register To Post