Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
207 user(s) are online (144 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 206

skynet, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Floating "4.1" on this site
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Ok guys, it looks nice, but it's really sucking my CPU while using OWB on my MicroA1, and even on my Quad Core Phenom PC I can notice the CPU usage up about 4% when on this site.

Maybe you can

1) Get rid of the floating, cpu sucking "4.1" or
2) Have it magically stop after 10 seconds or so...

Thanks

Go to top
Re: Floating "4.1" on this site
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:
HammerD wrote:

Ok guys, it looks nice, but it's really sucking my CPU while using OWB on my MicroA1, and even on my Quad Core Phenom PC I can notice the CPU usage up about 4% when on this site.

Hi HammerD,

FOUR % on a Quad core you say??? I think they're trying to make a point, and succeeded, hehehe!

Boy, windos is strange! A little bit of anime, and it requires 2.6 GHz * 4 Core * 4% = 416 MHz for a few falling CHARACTERS. AND, I'm not even including the SIX HUNDRED + MHz GPU in there!

Support Amiga Fantasy cases!!!
How to program: 1. Start with lots and lots of 0's. 10. Add 1's, liberally.
"Details for OS 5 will be made public in the fourth quarter of 2007, ..." - Bill McEwen
Whoah!!! He spoke, a bit late.
Go to top
Re: Floating "4.1" on this site
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Atheist

Quote:
FOUR % on a Quad core you say??? I think they're trying to make a point, and succeeded, hehehe!

Boy, windos is strange! A little bit of anime, and it requires 2.6 GHz * 4 Core * 4% = 416 MHz for a few falling CHARACTERS. AND, I'm not even including the SIX HUNDRED + MHz GPU in there!
It has nothing to do with the OS or CPU, on an AmigaOne with AmigaOS 4.1 it needs about 85% CPU time, i.e. 680 MHz for a few falling chars - which requires constantly relayouting at least parts of the page, or more likely even the complete page since the changes are at the top.

Go to top

Register To Post