Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
49 user(s) are online (31 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 49

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Help porting to the Amiga, again
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Help porting to Amiga.. Again

OK, here's another request.
I am familiar with Amiga programming, but very little from other platforms. Lately I have been doing a lot of PIC programming, and I'd really like to get those tools working on the Amiga.
The source to GPUtils-0.13.6 is available, and is written for the (or a) GCC compiler. Ports exist for windoze, Mac, and I believe ?nix as well.
So I feel brave, and I download the source. Yup, unix paths throughout. Instead of makefiles, they have makefile.am and makefile.in, apparently for automake. I seek out automake, and found a python script that should work. I have python installed, but I can't seem to get it all together.
Between Python, automake, unix pathways, and no existing amiga port, I can't even quite get anything to make (or gmake, either)
I read the docs for make, and I see that vpath and VPATH may be able to help. I spent two hours on those alone, but couldn't get them to work for me. They MIGHT throw a requester asking for an odd volume name, but at no point could I get them to actually find a file there.

This is all a bit challenging. Not to be defeated, I ended up writing simple makefiles from scratch, and changing all the source #include statements to complete pathnames. What a pain. But I was able to get a few files to compile. This is NOT a reasonable way to go forward. It wasn't too long until my simple makefile wasn't getting everything done.

It shouldn't be this hard. Really!

All of that may be amusing, but I'm trying to show that I'm not just asking someone to do it for me. If it really is as difficult as it has been so far, I give up. I'll keep doing my PIC development on windows.
If there is something I'm missing, perhaps some tool or method I can use to get me past some of these problems, please let me know! I'd prefer to do all my work on the AmigaOne if possible.

Yes, I have read (spots?) porting guide. I tried what I could understand, that was not enough.

Any suggestions would be welcomed,
LyleHaze

Go to top
Re: Help porting to the Amiga, again
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@LyleHaze

For faad/faac I used crosscompiler setup on cygwin to create the configure script and then ran configure/gmake on AmigaOS4.

http://www.zerohero.se/cross/os4.html

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@salass00

Thank You.
It looks like it's just what I needed.

LyleHaze

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
> It shouldn't be this hard. Really!
I agree. I tried to create a crosscompiler for linuxppc (AmigaOne is the fastest compiling thing I've got), I don't remember how far I got there.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@LyleHaze

So how did it go?

Just in case you failed I've compiled and uploaded them for you here:
http://www.a500.org/uploads/downloads/gputils-0.13.6.zip

I haven't tested them though so I don't know if they work or not...

The build system doesn't use autoconfig or automake so it's just running the configure script with whatever options you need and then make to compile them. I used cygwin to crosscompile anyway.

Go to top

Register To Post