Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
119 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 116

kas1e, MamePPCA1, Georg, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Atari ST emulation on OS 4.0
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I have problems to run a pack of games I downloaded from
the net to play on the Atari ST emulators.
I have trying to get these games running on Hatari and
STonAmiga but whit no luck.I was setting up a HD to install
the games on Hatari and selecting al the options.etc...

So I want to run some games on Atari ST a?emulators out there to show how will it run on my Amiga One.

What is the best configuration to run the games?
Can I run these with Floppy or may it be from the ST's HD?

Thanks in advance to the Amigans.

Go to top
Re: Atari ST emulation on OS 4.0
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@MamePPCA1

Quote:

MamePPCA1 wrote:
I have problems to run a pack of games I downloaded from
the net to play on the Atari ST emulators.

What format are these games? With Hatari I had no problems running all the Atari ST games I found on the net. Once you configure Hatari properly, everything works fine, even with Joystick via AmigaInput. The only problem I can think of which may arise is if you use the included in the archive EmuTOS which is not much compatible, especially with old games. You have to find original Atari TOS ROM - 2.06 works fine, but some of the older games work only with TOS 1.0x.

Quote:
I have trying to get these games running on Hatari and
STonAmiga but whit no luck.I was setting up a HD to install
the games on Hatari and selecting al the options.etc...

What kind of HD you install? Is it Image file or standart Amiga Drawer on the Amiga File System? The latter is better - you unpack the archives directly in the Amiga drawer and run them from Hatari.

Quote:
So I want to run some games on Atari ST a?emulators out there to show how will it run on my Amiga One.

All the games I played on the AtariST run fine, and even some of the STE games work nice - like Obsession Pinball. The Falcon Games are still without sound (no DSP emulation yet), but I was able to run some falcon Software as well.

Quote:
What is the best configuration to run the games?
Can I run these with Floppy or may it be from the ST's HD?

Thanks in advance to the Amigans.

I use ROM - TOS 2.06, Screen Options - Use Borders, Zoom ST-low res. Frame skip: OFF (but you can use frame skip 1 for graphic intensive demos (plasmas with scrolls). Sound is at Medium Quality (22kHz), because I see no difference between it and the High (44kHz) quality with the YM emulation. The System is set to CPU type: 68000, Machine type: STE, CPU clock (MHz) - 8, Real time clock emulation and Patch Timer-D set. For Memory setup I have set 4 MB. For Joystick I use Generic USB Joystick and "use real joystick:" set. All the games play with the Joystick fine. For games STonAmiga is not good choise because it doesn't emulate the hardware, and the hardware banging games don't work on it. Only the system friendly software, like word processors and Sim City may be. You can't boot games directly from floppies with the Atari ST emulators (I never tryied and I don't have disk drive on my AmigaOne), but for file based games, you just copy the files from the disk to your harddrive and start them directly from there, or better make an image of the floppy.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@drHirudo

The HD I have been refered is the Amiga HD and the Atari icon HD that shows on the emulator Hatari.

With STonAmiga it shows Analog Out of Range on my LG Monitor so how can I adjust the resolution to make STonAmiga works fine?

Refering to the Hatari emulator I don't know very well
how to make it run the games I have.
What do you think about it?
Is it easy or not too easy?

I will try the steps you give me later.
I'm so busy now and how can I setup the AmigaInput
to work with Atari ST emulators as well with other
software?
Several times I configured but my USB pad and CD32 controller does not function with my machine.

Grateful to you really but I don't know well how to run software on the Atari ST.

Any ideas?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@MamePPCA1

Quote:

MamePPCA1 wrote:
@drHirudo

The HD I have been refered is the Amiga HD and the Atari icon HD that shows on the emulator Hatari.

With STonAmiga it shows Analog Out of Range on my LG Monitor so how can I adjust the resolution to make STonAmiga works fine?

Sorry, I haven't used STOnAmiga for a while and don't know how to change this. The version on OS4Depot is almost 3 years old and very outdated.

Quote:

Refering to the Hatari emulator I don't know very well
how to make it run the games I have.
What do you think about it?
Is it easy or not too easy?

It's very easy. Just select the image file of the game you want to run from the Hatari Menu then reboot the Atari - rAlt+r.
Quote:

I will try the steps you give me later.
I'm so busy now and how can I setup the AmigaInput
to work with Atari ST emulators as well with other
software?

Once you setup AmigaInput properly, all the AmigaOS 4 software which supports it will work fine - Hatari, E-UAE, Super Mario Wars, WarpSNES, SimCoupe, Arnold, Atari800 (with lowlevel.library emulation).

Quote:

Several times I configured but my USB pad and CD32 controller does not function with my machine.

AmigaInput comes only with Update 4. I had a hard time making it work after the next updates. Can not give you a step by step solution.
Quote:

Grateful to you really but I don't know well how to run software on the Atari ST.

Any ideas?

Visit some AtariST related sites about TOS and GEM. It's not harder than making Amiga games to work in E-UAE.
Regards

Go to top

Register To Post