Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
206 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 202

trixie, Lio, FlynnTheAvatar, amigait, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

2D Hardware Accelerated Compositing RadeonHD
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Will 2D Hardware Accelerated Compositing with RadeonHD-Cards speed up E-UAE Video-Output?

I´m asking, because it seems that the Videodisplay-Update looks sluggish, specially when games scrolling horizontally.

I´m experimenting a little bit by creating new Screenmodes with Picasso96, it have improved displayspeed but its not perfect.

RadeonHD-Card should be fast enough to render it or is the problem the emulation of the chipset?

Go to top
Re: 2D Hardware Accelerated Compositing RadeonHD
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
To the best of my knowledge:

Quote:
Will 2D Hardware Accelerated Compositing with RadeonHD-Cards speed up E-UAE Video-Output?

Not unless (or until) E-UAE is modified to use Compositing. MIGHT be quite easy to do, but no-one has yet picked-up the challenge...

Quote:
specially when games scrolling horizontally. ... RadeonHD-Card should be fast enough to render it or is the problem the emulation of the chipset?

If you are talking about "screen tearing", then that is caused by a mismatch between the screen's actual refresh rate & the emulated Amiga's refresh rate. Some people (like DAX) have used clever CRT tricks to make the screen's refresh rate match (well be a multiple of) the emulated one, to minimise such problems. I recall that RunInUAE's FAQ mentions this.

If you are talking about slow frame rate, then E-UAE is *much* slower when using a scaled resolution (like 640x512). If you are able to use a 'native' resolution (like 320x256) then I could often achieve full frame rate on a 667MHz Sam440. I don't know what a Sam460 is like, but an X1000 can handle 640x480 fine. This problem would be reduced/eliminated if E-UAE was modified to use Compositing (for scaling).

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Re: 2D Hardware Accelerated Compositing RadeonHD
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hello

I never used EUAE but perhaps you can use it at 320x256
then use aminet/clonewindow to scale it to the resolution you want
Clonewindow use hardware compositing

Alain Thellier

Go to top

Register To Post