Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Sections
Who's Online
38 user(s) are online (32 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 38

more...
Support us!
Recent OS4 Files
OS4Depot.net

« 1 (2)

Re: SkillGrid - new AGA game in the works
Quite a regular
From Italy
I have about 100 kB of RAM and 4 kB of floppy space left, and I'm trying to come up with something to use them and make the game better before releasing it.
One of the options I'm considering is adding a little sub-game based on this dot-matrix engine I wrote a few months ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB6wgJbj0Gg

I've been itching to make a game with it for a long while, but I never came up with an idea that convinced me. This really feels like the proper occasion to use it.

For the tech geeks...
This engine for AGA Amigas displays 4 colors (+ background color), has chunky dots (i.e. each dot can be written or read with a single byte memory access), and doesn't require any chunky-to-planar conversion (i.e. it's almost as if it were a hardware native video mode). I have a few variants of it, including one that has non-dotted background graphics.

For the curious ones...
Computer simulations of pinball dot-matrix displays fascinated me ever since I saw Pinball Fantasies. In fact, I've faked them in a couple of my games (an unreleased game and the old versions of MeMO) and even based a whole game (Huenison) on them. Less than one year ago I pulled my A1200 out of the closet and powered it up again. It had been many years since I had coded something for it, and this is one of the results of the experiments I started doing on it.

Edited by saimo on 2018/11/6 15:58:28
Edited by saimo on 2018/11/6 16:23:15
   Report Go to top

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]