Home  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!
Sections
Who's Online
27 user(s) are online (15 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 23

Mason, gurus2000, ancalimon, Elwood, more...
Support us!
Recent OS4 Files
OS4Depot.net



« 1 (2)


Re: Wet crashing under OS4.1 update 1
Amigans Defender
Joined:
2006/11/18 0:40
From England
Posts: 2680
@AJS

Quote:
(is that ringhio?)


Yes, it is. I had to cheat though, because as usual there is no SDK to accompany the new features.

Chris

   Report Go to top

Re: Wet crashing under OS4.1 update 1
Quite a regular
Joined:
2009/3/10 12:51
From Germany
Posts: 570
@Chris

Hi Chris, thanks for the 5.5 version - works excellent so far. What should the Rhingio notification do? I have not disabled notifications in the Tooltypes but so far I have never seen Wet to notificate anything?!? Two things that I might mention:
- Wet is startet through DOS script here, using WBRun (don't ask why, I had a little hassle with TuneNet and Wet both started in WBStartup, now this way it works ok).
- "Notifications" reports Wet as "Wetter", so its translated to my locale here.

Ahem - and a feature request: it would be nice if the local temperature, that shows (usually) under the AppIcon, could be displayed in/under the Docky (I don't like appicons but I DO like Docky icons...).

_________________
X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
   Report Go to top

Re: Wet crashing under OS4.1 update 1
Amigans Defender
Joined:
2006/11/18 0:40
From England
Posts: 2680
@cha05e90

Quote:

cha05e90 wrote:
@Chris

Hi Chris, thanks for the 5.5 version - works excellent so far. What should the Rhingio notification do? I have not disabled notifications in the Tooltypes but so far I have never seen Wet to notificate anything?!?


Shows a notification on update - you'll soon know if it is working!

Quote:

- "Notifications" reports Wet as "Wetter", so its translated to my locale here.


Ah. The translations shouldn't really be translating the program name, I hadn't accounted for that (nor had I realised I allowed it to happen). It is easily fixed, and will automatically be fixed when I change Wet to use the library calls rather than ARexx. A workaround would be to hack the catalog so Wet is again "Wet".

Doubly bad as there is already a program called Wetter, and that isn't really a correct translation ("Wetter" being German for "Weather")

I do actually have an updated German translation which may already have this fixed. I'll chuck it up at http://www.unsatisfactorysoftware.co.uk/wet over the next couple of days.

Quote:

Ahem - and a feature request: it would be nice if the local temperature, that shows (usually) under the AppIcon, could be displayed in/under the Docky (I don't like appicons but I DO like Docky icons...).


It used to superimpose the temperature (or any other text) over the docky icon. I need to reimplement this, but I want to do it better this time, as I personally thought the previous text overlay didn't look very good.

Chris

   Report Go to top

Re: Wet crashing under OS4.1 update 1
Amigans Defender
Joined:
2006/11/18 0:40
From England
Posts: 2680
@Chris

Quote:
The translations shouldn't really be translating the program name


I wasn't with it last night - it doesn't register Wet as "Wet", but "Weather", so the translation is indeed correct and should be there.

   Report Go to top


« 1 (2)



[Advanced Search]


Powered by XOOPS 2.0 © 2001-2014 The XOOPS Project