Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
157 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 156

Hypex, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Amiga 30th Anniversary Event - UK
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Mikey_C Quote:
When we have done amiga only stuff, the attendance has been low and atmosphere not as good as it could be.

I thought our past Amiga-only events were pretty good, but they were some time ago so I don't know they'd still be like that. Being part of a bigger show would certainly be better (and less hassle for us!).

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Re: Amiga 30th Anniversary Event - UK
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Mikey_C

Quote:
as I have stated, I do not want to use the time energy and resources of the Amiga North Thames guys for an Amiga only event.

It doesn't all have to be down to ANT. There plenty of other UK Amiga users that can help out too.

The last event you did before the VCF in 2009 was well attended and since this will be a 30th anniversary show it should attract more visitors.

I think it's also worth getting in touch with Retro Gamer. The publicity would certainly be useful and if they could be talked into sponsoring the event they may be able to wangle a few guest speakers from the UK games industry.

Don't be afraid to ask people to chip in money to pay for a venue and running costs or systems exhibit.

Before you started the thread I had been wondering about the possibility of holding a show in Cardiff.

I don't know how affordable It would be but Cardiff Bay is an ideal location since there is plenty of attractions for families too which could make the difference for some people especially to turn it into the opportunity to have a short break away from home.

There's trains and buses to Cardiff bay and plenty of places to stay and eat. There's a cinema, shopping, at least one art gallery, a summer funfair, the doctor who experience and also Techniquest.

I thought this might be a good venue too.

http://www.thewharfcardiff.co.uk/functions

Let me know what you think of the idea and if you want me to start making enquiries.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)