Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
64 user(s) are online (25 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 64

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: XADFileSystem development thread:
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@salas00
Trying to integrate it to Filer :

For now, when i press on .lha archive, Filer do : mountxad {f}. And if i press one time all is fine. If i press second time, it spawn me a window:
AmiDOS Process: 843
Insert blabla
XAD1:
to any blablabl

Process: "mountxad".

And XAD1: are no mounts with the same archive. Then if i press one more time, then the same window, but with XAD2, and if one more time, the same window but with XAD3 and so on.

But imho it should mount just more and more partitions ?

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

You can't mount the same archive file twice. IMO it's not a useful feature to have and besides AmigaDOS gets confused if you have two or more volumes with exactly the same name and datestamp. For next release I'll see if I can get it so that the device node is removed if mounting the archive fails for some reason.

Regarding the icon being slow to show up it might be because I'm not sending any "disk inserted"/"disk ejected" events. I'm looking into this issue right now.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
Little script which will mount for you archive by double-click in Filler, and spawn new Filer instance with the data from archive. When you will press on the same archive one more time, it will auto-dismount and auto-mount again (with new Filer instance). If you will press on other archive, older will be dismount, and new one will be mount. Script:

Quote:

.KEY name

if assign exists xad0: noreq EQ XAD0
dismount xad0:
mountxad <name>
appdir:filer xad0:
else
mountxad <name>
appdir:filer xad0:
endif

You also will need to remove in DefIcons all previous action for your archive which you choice for tests , and add mask only like #?.lha. And then Filler will not spawn for you Unarc anymore, but will do that new action (WB still will do for you old action (spawning of UnArc, because of Def_lha.iconf in env: , so, it only will be changed for the programm which use Deficons).

Just put that scrtip to any place (c:) , then "protect script +es" , and in fillers prefs/filetypes add archive support . and for Launcher: "c:script {f}".

Now the only problem with that script : you cant mount 2 or more archives at the same time.

Right now press 2 times on Blender.lha in Filer, after 3 second (archive are 45mb) it spawn new filer instance, and i run blender from it by double click.

The minuses : you do not see progress bar of unpacking. For example when archive will be 500mb, i am not sure that it will spawns imediately ? Or it will ?

EDIT: pressing on SDK_53.20 (77mb) , spawn window immediately and you can browse all the file at that time. Unpacking of the same file by UnARC take about 8 seconds (sfs/1ghz)

EDIT2: Found first problem with script: For example you press 2 times on sdk_53.20.lha. It spawn for you a window where is sdk files are placed. Then, inside of SDK directory there is also archives. So, you press on any of them. And its automatically dismount for you SDK, and you mountxad can mount nothing from dismounted partition.

EDIT3: I know that XADMaster.library not support wring to, but still i try to delete some files from mounted archive, and have of course Delete Error message, with words "unknown req type of packet" :) Will be awesome if we can update xadmaster.library to make it works with writing. That will be absolutly cool.

Edited by kas1e on 2010/9/5 12:02:24
Edited by kas1e on 2010/9/5 12:06:35
Edited by kas1e on 2010/9/5 12:08:40
Edited by kas1e on 2010/9/5 12:14:47
Edited by kas1e on 2010/9/5 12:15:40
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@salass00

looks very nice, thank you !

one question : could it be used in conjunction with diskimage ? for instance a compressed adf.7z or adf.zip be used by xadfs for transparent decompression and diskimage to mount...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Lio

Of course, why not. After you mount your archive, its the same files as it be when it not packed. You can do whatewer you want with it (mount files from, watch it, read it, copy it, etc). Except of course writing/erasing to partition. Copy/read only.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
XADFileSystem 52.2 is now available
Changes:
 - 
ParsePath function now always ignores everything before the first colon
   character 
(apparently this is all handled by dos.library)
 - 
Now sends IECLASS_DISKINSERTED/IECLASS_DISKREMOVED events on mount/unmount

MountXAD now checks if an archive is already mounted before calling
   MountDevice 
and returns with an error if it is

Added DISMOUNT switch to MountXAD for unmounting an archive file

Download link

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@salass00

Yes !

Btw, maybe you also will be in interest to add switch to MountXad which will mean "not show an icon on desktop" ? As Fab say on aw, in Ambient it done like that:
Quote:

When doubleclicking (that's the default action), Ambient mounts the archive "locally" (with the help of some DOS extension) and the archive stays mounted as long as a related view is opened *or* that a lock to a file of the archive is pending. When all the views related to the archive are closed and that there are no more pending locks, it's unmounted automatically.

That being said, even if it's mounted locally to ambient, the files are still accessible from other programs, of course. The device just won't appear in the doslist, and won't pollute the desktop or requesters for no reason.

While part one imho must be add into the Filer code (imho), a second part (for just not show an icon) can be added as switch to mountxad. What you think ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Re: XADFileSystem development thread
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
XADFS 52.5 now available
52.5 (14-Sep-2010)
 - 
The following packets now also return with ERROR_DISK_WRITE_PROTECTED:

ACTION_FORMATACTION_RENAME_DISKACTION_DELETE_OBJECT,

ACTION_RENAME_OBJECTACTION_SET_PROTECTACTION_SET_COMMENT,

ACTION_SET_DATE

XADFS now uses Exec's AVL functions for it's binary trees

Fixed memory leak when freeing the directory tree structure (filenames
   weren
't freed previously)

52.4 (12-Sep-2010)
 - ACTION_FINDOUTPUT, ACTION_FINDUPDATE, ACTION_SET_FILE_SIZE and ACTION_WRITE
   now all return with ERROR_DISK_WRITE_PROTECTED
 - XADFS now extracts any files with unknown size in order to get this
   information
 - Now clears the dn_Startup field on startup so that WBInfo doesn'
try to
   interpret it 
as a struct FileSysStartupMsg anymore

(5-Sep-2010)
 - 
MountXAD doesn't leave devicenodes lying around anymore if mounting the
   archive fails (also the "insert disk" requesters are now disabled)
 - XADFS doesn'
t fail any more if the XAD<ndirectory inside XADFS_TEMP_DIR
   already exists

Also another new filesystem on the way:
Resized Image

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@kas1e

If you want to use it in the Filer then I suggest that you try to convince salass00
to make it act like a single device like ftpmount as I suggested on os4depot.

Unless that happens it's better to integrate xadmaster support directly into the filer.

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin

Yep, you are right. I just not write here because i think salas00 already read our comments on os4depot (just not want annoing too much:) )

@salas00
It is possible to do it as orgin suggested on os4depot ? Also maybe you can add a key which will say "not show icon on WB" (because it will a bit annoing when you will mount files many times , and close filers, and icons will always spawns/removes).

Also i think that when (if) you will add that, it will bring some motivation to Orgin to add some more features from his todo list when he will integrate your fs :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)