Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
135 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 135

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 69 70 71 (72)
Re: SDL2
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
That's a headache if libSDL2_net, _ttf, _gfx etc were updated at different times with different SDL2 versions. Sure you can make softlinks of previous versions that all link to the latest SDL2 .so, but it doesn't look nice aesthetically. For most libraries, I try to use library.so.majornum for the soname, so newer versions can be just a drop in replacement. I use version_type=qnx in libtool for that. (Edit: Although this doesn't appear to have an effect anymore for SDL2 libs, see edit at the bottom of the post).

I know the solution is to update every SDL2 library all at the same time, but then there's still all the programs too, which could be ported by various different people, and might not include the .so files inside the archive.

Fortunately just about everything is linked statically and ScummVM is one of the only exceptions, and includes the required files in the archive, so it's not a huge deal.

Edit: I see that on OS4Depot my last ports of SDL2_image and SDL2_ttf use the sonames of libSDL2_image-2.0.so.600 and libSDL2_ttf-2.0.so.2000. Usually these are only dependencies of the main binary of whatever is being compiled, and not of other libraries, so it shouldn't be too much of an issue, but nevertheless it's something for me to consider. I don't think version_type=qnx stops it with the SDL2 libs.

Edited by MickJT on 2024/3/16 12:46:50
Edited by MickJT on 2024/3/16 12:51:58
Edited by MickJT on 2024/3/16 12:53:09
Edited by MickJT on 2024/3/16 12:58:08
Edited by MickJT on 2024/3/16 13:02:42
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@geennaam

I tried to workaround that 8ch issue sometime ago but failed. Please remember SDL is using the AHI device API. Can you advise how to fix the problem there?

I allocated larger buffers and played with offset but couldn't make it work.

Could you make the updated sources available? TIA.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MickJT

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Capehill

I did that (softlink to SDL2-2.0.so) and it fixed *most* of the problems i'm getting but one...

linking in SDL2.so fails...maybe because of one of the many dependancies still trying to force-use libSDL2-2.0.so, still have to figure out which one

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@geennaam

maybe completely, but at least slightly OT

I had to revert to the default HDAudio.audio driver from AmigaOS4 a few days ago, because your HDA.audio driver started to give static noise on nearly every occasion/program, most notably with the start sound jingle and within ScummVM, for some reason AmigaAmp was not affected.

No sound prefs changes cured it.

And the most puzzling thing was, that starting Odyssey cured the static noise, closing Odyssey and starting it again brought the noise back.

I don't think it's related to your post, just wanted to let you know

after reverting to the original driver every sound from every program is clear as glass again

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 69 70 71 (72)