Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
100 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 99

kas1e, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 »
Re: RunInUAE alpha: Run any 68k game by double-clicking it!
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tommysammy
Which version of E-UAE are you using? v0.8.28 is highly recommended, and other versions (especially newest ones) may not work with RunInUAE.

edit: v0.8.28 seems to have been deleted from OS4Depot??? Looks like I'll have to include it with RunInUAE.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ChrisH

Hey ChrisH .I don?t get any menue when i start RunInUae.
I have the wrong uae version .I use 0.8.29 from os4 depot.
Ok i check out to get 0.8.28 and will try it again

Amiga600/Vampire2/PrismaMegaMix​/32GB CF Card/2x Rys Mk2/A604n/IndivisionECS/Gotek
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tommysammy Quote:
I don?t get any menue when i start RunInUae.

Sorry? When RunInUAE is started, it opens a window. While that window is selected, press the right mouse button. You should see some menus, such as Project, Settings & E-UAE.

Quote:
Ok i check out to get 0.8.28 and will try it again

It would be easier for you to just use the up-coming next alpha of RunInUAE (alpha 12), as that will have v0.8.28 included with it.

Go to top
Re: RunInUAE alpha integration with Workbench (double-click 68k game)
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
I have now made the twelvth alpha release (please use the download link in the first post). Changes include:

* The installer now offers to install E-UAE v0.8.28 for you, since it was deleted from OS4Depot.

* Made running RunInUAE twice bring it to the front, instead of booting Workbench in E-UAE.

* Added Boot Workbench menu item. Also stopped it from crashing.

* The installer now checks your E-UAE timeout is not below (the new default of) 20 seconds.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ChrisH

Thanks ,i test it in the evening

I have 0.8.28 installed

OCS/ESC/AGA Games from ADF works perfect and fast
I have now a fullscreen with 320x240 made with Picasso96

WHDLoad Games first start ,stoppt than with the AmogaOperationsystem with Shell
1)

What i also want is to play it over Joypad,i must more test or get here a tip

Amiga600/Vampire2/PrismaMegaMix​/32GB CF Card/2x Rys Mk2/A604n/IndivisionECS/Gotek
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tommysammy Quote:
I have now a fullscreen with 320x240 made with Picasso96

Hmmm, why did you do that?

Quote:
WHDLoad Games first start ,stoppt than with the AmogaOperationsystem with Shell 1)

Sorry, I don't understand.

Quote:
What i also want is to play it over Joypad,i must more test or get here a tip

Please read the "What are E-UAE's joystick controls?" sub-chapter of the "Tips, tricks & trouble-shooting" chapter in RunInUAE's manual.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ChrisH

I had done this ,because i want have a fullscreen.
Have you a better tip?

WHDLoad :i make a foto from this.There you can better seen this.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tommysammy Quote:
I had done this ,because i want have a fullscreen.
Have you a better tip?

Errr, it should have ALREADY been full-screen, because RunInUAE installer sets it up for you (unless you tell it not to).

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ChrisH

first of all, man you're doing an amazing work! Now, i tried runinuae with newest euae - amigfx version. It gave me a black screen with sound. Maybe it needs different gfx options. Maybe , if possible , during installation, runinuae could ask if amigfx version will be used and set the preference files accordingly? Just an idea.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Vulture

That build is the one I did. It has problems with AGA on certain screens and chooses 640x480 even when 320x256 is available. Just use the official 0.8.28, which seems to work fine in 320x256. The official version of 0.8.28 can't do AGA in non 16bit 640x480 screens either.

Looks like bugs in the source to me, especially since the LEDs always show up with show_leds=true.

@ChrisH

0.8.28 was wiped out when EasyUAE was uploaded. Same filename I believe.

Orgin's reponse was that since there was no passphrase and Richard couldn't be contacted, then it's fair for it to be overwritten.

Personally I think 0.8.28 needs to be kept safe somewhere (if it isn't on Aminet), since you never know if one day his site goes down forever. The source should be kept too (URL manipulation will find it).

Since my own 0.8.29-20080820 seems to be a little buggier, in regards to choosing screenmodes automatically and problems with AGA, i'll attempt compiling 0.8.28 myself, and if it's no more buggy than the official version I will simply replace my -amigfx.lha with 0.8.28 instead (if it's faster than official build), and a link to 0.8.29-20080820 (or perhaps will put it on Aminet?).

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ChrisH

Now it works

First i had delete alle Euae files from ENV,and then installed it new.
The installer had asked me which resolution i want have etc.
I have Amigaforever 2008 and not 2009
The installer say IPF9 there is no disk inside during the installation.
With diskimage i put my original workbench 3.1 .adf inside ,and the installation was ok
It seem there a problem with the amigaforever workbench3.1.adf

I will copy today in DEVS: all kickstart file to get all games working and must have a competition pro usb.

Nice work ChrisH.
I think i will sell my classic amiga ,because i don^t need it anymore

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tommysammy Quote:
The installer say IPF9 there is no disk inside during the installation.
With diskimage i put my original workbench 3.1 .adf inside ,and the installation was ok
It seem there a problem with the amigaforever workbench3.1.adf

No, this problem seems to happen occasionally at random, even for me. Must be a bug in one of the programs I use (probably DiskImage).

The installer *should* warn you if it fails to copy the Workbench 3.1 disk. In that case it also recommends rebooting & trying again - which will likely fix the problem. (As I said, the problem is intermittent.)

Quote:
Nice work ChrisH.

Thanks!

Quote:
I think i will sell my classic amiga ,because i don^t need it anymore

I suggest you try it out a bit more, before selling your old Amiga! Not everything runs perfectly (especially AGA stuff needs frame skipping on my 667MHz Sam).

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@MickJT

actually, I set screen mode to ask and chose 320*256*16 and it wasn't an aga game (wolfchild). So, maybe it's because of whdload and it'd work with these settings if it were an adf instead? Dunno, just saying. Is there a way to compile latest 8.29wip4 with amigfx. If I got it correctly, it's v. 8.28 you've compiled, no?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Vulture

No, it's 0.8.29-20080820 (later than WIP4). I do have 0.8.28 compiled now, but it's not any different to the official build so there's no point in uploading it; It isn't any faster.

.... but WHY oh WHY are my SDL builds slower than everyone elses? :) They work, they're just slow. Hmm.

Anyway, new SDK out. Gonna grab that.

As for 0.8.29-WIP4 with AMIGFX, there is a build on rcdrummond.net/uae but it seems to be small and it freezes the system here.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
The r3alpha12 is great : no more problem (I think that last time, i tried with another euae, not the euae 0.8.28).

Just one thing, but maybe I'm the only one interested by the uae behind option : when you lauch a game, there is still a new screen open in front of the workbench screen, then it's change. I would prefer that all is done in the back.

Again : great software ! Thanks.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@MickJT

hard as I look I can't see a link for that version on Rich's page, only SDL. Can you post the download link please?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@shadowsun Quote:
when you lauch a game, there is still a new screen open in front of the workbench screen, then it's change. I would prefer that all is done in the back

Unfortunately UAE provides no option to start it's screen in the background, so I have to manually push it behind after it opens. Short of patching the OS (which would be overkill), so that I can be notified the instant it opens the screen, the best I can do is to frequently check whether a screen has been opened or not, and push it behind when I see it has opened.

Quote:
maybe I'm the only one interested by the uae behind option

I'll leave this option in if it is good-enough as it is. If not then I'll remove it, since it's a messy kludge that doesn't work too well.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Vulture

- Post re-edited -

Um.. Yeah you're right, it's the 68k version. Oops. No wonder it crashed and is smaller. I'm gonna grab this new SDK and see if WIP4 is better than the later test version.

Edited by MickJT on 2010/3/4 13:18:36
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@MickJT

ah, ok, thx for looking at it for me :)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
OK, I think RunInUAE is about ready for an "official" release (think I'll skip the "beta" phase). I've tweaked a few more things, but other than that it will be the same. If you have any wishes or problems you think need dealing with, then speak now or forever remain silent

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 »