Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
96 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 94

LiveForIt, sailor, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

should we re-install AmiCygnix now that the update is here??
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
also are there any improvements to AmiCygnix with the new update???

Go to top
Re: should we re-install AmiCygnix now that the update is here??
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@328gts

No need to reinstall and no improvements or problems as far as I can tell, at least on my system.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@328gts

Just edit your s:user-startup and copy old AmiCygnix lines from OS4.1 to OS4.1.1

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LiveForIt

actually this did'nt work for me (said I was missing some libraries etc) but I just re-installed the base package and all was fine with my different apps in order

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@328gts

Quote:

328gts wrote:
@LiveForIt

actually this did'nt work for me (said I was missing some libraries etc) but I just re-installed the base package and all was fine with my different apps in order

No need to reinstall:
copy Backups:sys20100117/Libs/sysvipc.library libs:

And if needed: copy from your backup's devs:internet/ users+groups files as well. Default setup doesn't require this step, it's nedded only in case you run cygnix as different than root (pseudo)-user.

Jack

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@328gts

There is no need for a reinstall, but you need the libraries "sysvipc.library" and "threads.library" in your LIBS: directory.

Also please refresh the font caches, if you included the fonts in "Sys:fonts" (normally not included).

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@cygnusEd

I have read on Iksnet's forum (in italian) a thread about problems when running AmiCygnix in PIP mode under update 1. I have tried this on my setup, running a freshly installed AmiCygnix, and I can confirm the problems. Regardless of the Workbench screen's depth, the AmiCygnix desktop's colors are all wrong, most of the colors are of a shade of violet. No problems when running it full screen.

Varthall

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @cygnusEd
myX11Setup configuration file will be zeroed out in the new OS41.1 "user startup"! I started with that after coping-over the libraries.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Varthall

Quote:

Varthall wrote:
@cygnusEd

I have read on Iksnet's forum (in italian) a thread about problems when running AmiCygnix in PIP mode under update 1. I have tried this on my setup, running a freshly installed AmiCygnix, and I can confirm the problems. Regardless of the Workbench screen's depth, the AmiCygnix desktop's colors are all wrong, most of the colors are of a shade of violet. No problems when running it full screen.

Varthall

Yes, it's true - PIP mode doesn't work anymore
I have no idea, what the problem is. The PIP driver opens a Picasso96 PIP window with pixel format RGBFB_R5G6B5. This is checked after opening the window and the format is correct. But it is NOT RGBFB_R5G6B5! Seems to be a YUV format.

@Snuffy
Quote:
myX11Setup configuration file will be zeroed out in the new OS41.1 "user startup"! I started with that after coping-over the libraries.

Could not find a problem here. What do you mean with "new OS4.1 user-startup"?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Snuffy

you have to copy the appropriate environment variables (Envarc:Cygnix/) from your old System to your new AOS4.1.1. I suggest also to copy ENVARC:HOME, ENVARC:DISPLAY and ENVARC:USER.

regards,
nexus

Go to top

Register To Post