Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
99 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 97

joerg, Swisso, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Float display
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Tonyw

Okay there was a problem at a time and it was best to avoid mixing calls (I agree snprintf has nothing to do with DOS calls but as I stated it was just a way to be on the safe side).
*Now* maybe there is no problem anymore and maybe OS components safely mix calls from C Runtime and native one.. But :

- as third party developpers we don't have access to OS component code to be able to see it by ourself,
- there is no *official* (or at least acknowledged by OS programmers, paid or unpaid) Programmer Best Practise guide (not no speak about RKM) where such a thing would have been written,

As a consequence we (I) have no way to know this can now be done and is now safe.

Speaking about the duplication I don't agree with you it would have seemed to me more logical to have the feature in native and have C runtime as a wrapper around that than the reverse (how about the locale settings took into account for example). But *you* are OS developer and I am not so you might have insider information that I don't have.
Please read this the right way there is no baiting in it nor anger. I'm just expressing my POV and respect yours; now that I have confirmation from an OS developer that it's safe then I'll use snprintf()

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)