Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
126 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 126

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Amiga 30th anniversary celebration at the Computer History Museum July 25th and 26th update
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Holy cow lots has happened behind the scenes. Of course behind the scenes means its looked like nothing has been happening but that is not the case.

We are putting the final touches on a kickstarter campaign to fund this event. The primary goal will be to collect donations with perks ranging from T-shirts to banquet tickets to unique Amiga memorabilia. We will have two stretch goals for the kickstarter, internet streaming, and a full two day event!

We have already received some corporate sponsorship to help getting us started. By community funding this event we will be able to host Amiga related groups and companies for the two day event with little cost for the access to the space.

The Computer History Museum (CHM) in Mountain View, CA is the premier location to honor the Amiga's contribution to the PC revolution. Just this past weekend the CHM hosted the 25th anniversary of the launch of Photoshop. The CHM has also seen the 30th anniversary for the C= 64 and the Apple Macintosh. This is the place bar none.

The banquet will be the jewel of the weekend. We will feature historical displays (expanded if we can fund the two day event), special video presentations, and a panel featuring original Amiga Corporation engineers and current Amiga movers and shakers. The panel will include, Dale Luck, Dave Needle, and many more. Did I mention that the Lorraine prototype boards, Amiga 1000 Serial #1, and an Amiga development machine will be at the event? You can see from the image taken at a recent video shoot for the kickstarter some of the history we will have.

Resized Image
From the set of the upcoming Kickstarter intro video.

What do we need from you? Hang in there another week or so for the announcement of the official kickstarter launch. We will be offering banquet tickets in two tiers to reward the early birds.

We are also looking for volunteers and keepers of Amiga historical items, please contact me.

Finally, if you were a member of the original Amiga 1000 launch team, YOU ARE INVITED, if we have not contacted you yet, please reach me by PM here.

This is going to be an amazing and once in a lifetime event for the Amiga Community. It's the 30th anniversary and our favorite girl deserves a big birthday party, help make it happen!

Bill "tekmage" Borsari

PS, there are other events being planned so watch for and attend those as well!

Go to top

Register To Post