Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
74 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 72

rjd324, davec555, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

pointerclass question
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Sorry for all the stupid questions...

This time it is the pointer class, which is not very well documented. I'm looking for a clue how to use the POINTERA_ImageData tag, have looked both in the autodocs and RKM but there is not a word about it. Is it possible with this tag to have truecolor mouse pointers, or am I mistaken? If I use the POINTERA_BitMap tag I can only go as far as 8 bits it seems.

Help!

Go to top
Re: pointerclass question
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
There has recently been a thread on this (recently being with the last year!) so try a search.

If you look in the source code to blender in the intern/ghost/ subsystem you will find a good example of this I would post the code here but am not at home and won't be for a couple of days...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
BTW One of the things I remember is that you have to provide a 8bit fallback image, else the 32bit full color image doesn't work.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:
BTW One of the things I remember is that you have to provide a 8bit fallback image, else the 32bit full color image doesn't work.

Ahh, now it all makes sense! Everything works now, thanks, bro'

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
There's also a source code example on how to create pointers (true color with 8-bit fallback gfx) in the Open Amiga guidelines section:
http://openamiga.org/?function=viewpage&pageid=23

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@salass00

Even better, thanks!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@orgin

Maybe you should add to your guide on openamiga something about allowed sizes of pointers. As I can see, it is max 64 pixels width end height, I don't know if there are other restrictions. Or maybe this is due to hw limitations??

Otherwise thanks for the guide, it was really helpful!

Go to top

Register To Post