Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
121 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 120

trixie, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

USB harddrive strangeness
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi,

I've been trying to use my Lacie USB external drive with both AOS4 and Windows Vista. I've tried it both pre-formatted, and formatted it as FAT32 from Windows Vista using fat32format.

I have the drive showing up in both OS4 and Windows. But if I copy a file to it on OS4, I can only see it from OS4, and vice versa, if I copy a file on Windows, I can only see it on Windows.

It seems they are reading and using different areas of the disk. Has anyone else noticed the same problem?

I really like to use the disk from OS4 and my PC to transfer files and so, and I know I can do the same thing by going Samba or burning CD:s, but I really like to use this drive. I don't care if its slow and USB1 on OS4, it should work.

The drive is an external Lacie, 500GB (reported as 463,GB by both Vista and OS4).

I have never really understood if the 4GB-orwhatnot-limit is still valid these days, but I keep thinking: come on, its 2009!

Has anyone succesfully used a 500GB harddrive over USB on OS4?

Go to top

Register To Post