Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
158 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 157

trixie, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Need help with a handful of small probs....
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hello all. I've recently gotten my new tower system up and running, and she seems pretty stable at the moment. (A1200 put into a EZ4 tower case + mediator, SVGA card, SoundBlaster, (unsupported) NIC, SubWay USB, etc...) There's only a few minor probs, I was considering doing a separate post on each, but I would end up hijacking the entire welcome page if I did that.... Anyway,

The RTG system works almost flawlessly, but ReqAttack and Tinymeter don't seem to support 24-bit graphics. ReqAttack's docs state it recognizes CGFX, but all my textures with more 'subtle' shading end up floyd-steinberg dithered and reduced to 256 colors. (Less, considering it can't adjust locked pens) I'm currently using P96, which apparently has cgfx emulation inlcluded, but either its not working or I'm missing something with reqattack.

TinyMeter does the same thing, but I don't think it supports 24 bit gfx at all, and will probably have to live with it. (I know a few tricks to make it more attractive, using a 128 color WB for so long has some advantages :D )

The mouse pointer corrupts on occasion, when switching from regular to busy, or to the text-editing pointer on some programs. The only way I know to get it back is to move the mose over sensative content several times. (Ibrowse link, one of the text gatdgets that cause it to change)

Also, Shapeshifter and PC-Task act strangely. I've narrowed down PC-tasks behavior to several commodities I had running, which would cause it to freeze. Now it just sits at the boot-up screen, and refuses to continue. However, it doesn't lock, as I can still quit using either the close gadget or RAMIGA-DEL combo. Shapeshifter works fine (though I'm having trouble running it in a window instead of Full-screen), but only from hardfile up until I try to format a regular partition. (Both PC-Task and Shapeshifter partitions are before the 4GB limit on a 40GB drive, the last 36 GB are my Work: and Temp: partitions for software and Ibrowse/Aweb cache)

For the hardware, the only things I can't figure out involve the keyboard and floppy drive.

The Floppy shows DF0:Unreadable, even with no disk in the drive. (Until I hid it with the workbench preferences) Thinking it might be a CIA problem, I hooked up an old 880k external I had, and it works, as does the printer and the serial port. The floppy is a 1.44, which I purchased along with the other upgrades, so I'm sure its good. Just in case, I tried it with the old floppy drive I had, and the same thing happens. (Its been happening for awhile, just thought it was a bad floppy drive until the new one did the same)

The keyboard works fine (PC-Key 1200 w/ ps/2 to AT adapter connected to ps/2 keyboard), but it expects a keypress before "activating" it. I was wondering if there was something I could do in the startup-sequence to "force" the activation before a keypress? The reason for this is I have a wireless ps/2 keyboard, and it wants the activation before it sends any keypress information. But it won't get the activation before it sends a keypress.

Thanks for any help on any of these!

Resized Image
Go to top

Register To Post