Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
154 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 151

geennaam, jarokuczi, skynet, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

mdf dvd solution
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi all

I downloaded Spots port of mdf2iso and tried to convert a 4.3 gig mdf dvd image... the message I get is something like... this is already an iso

I downloaded the source from the host and compiled 0.3 of mdf2iso myself and even though my executable was 18k opposed to Spots larger one I get the same message

I came across a patch to enable large file support but I don't think that is the problem, since I don't get any message regarding this...

I can only conclude mdf2iso is only used for cdrom images

I've spent quite a bit of time trying to find an open source solution but had no luck... I tried to use diskimage but it didn't recognise the file as being valid... I guess that is cdrom only also?

anyway

I want an Amiga solution please, anyone?

thanks for any information/suggestions/interest

a list of the files in question:

DVDVolume.mdf 4293918720 ----rwed 07-Jan-08 17:47:34
mdf2iso 18289 ----rwed Yesterday 00:15:10
DVDVolume.mds 4336 ----rwed 07-Jan-08 17:47:54
DVDVolume.md0 106659840 ----rwed 07-Jan-08 17:47:54

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Re: mdf dvd solution
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Slayer

Try renaming the file extension to ".iso" and then using it with diskimage.device.

For converting image files I suggest using ISO-O-Matic instead since it has a nice GUI and also has large file support which none of these ported xxx2iso has.

Go to top
Re: mdf dvd solution
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@salass00

Quote:

salass00 wrote:
@Slayer

Try renaming the file extension to ".iso" and then using it with diskimage.device.

*snap* I tried renaming it to that and then trying to burn it but didn't do that for diskimage. If that works for diskimage then I can make an image from the mounted iso/mdf. If I remember rightly, there is a utility that comes in that distribution that does this.

Quote:

For converting image files I suggest using ISO-O-Matic instead since it has a nice GUI and also has large file support which none of these ported xxx2iso has.

Great news, perhaps this will solve it all in anycase. Wonderful, two options to try tonight after work. Thanks very much salass00! much appreciated!

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top

Register To Post