Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
149 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 147

Maijestro, pjs, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Help, please!
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi all, Happy New Year

I'm posting to ask for a bit of help, here.

I'd been having a bit of trouble with my A1 since before I installed OS4.1, so I backed everything up, wiped my HD and attempted to start afresh.

Partitioned the HD in media Toolbox as part of the installation, carried on through, ok and tried to restart my A1

No joy!

Tried again, oppened up Media Toolbox again to check that everything was as I'd set it up, but this time, for whatever reason, I opened it up in Expert mode. I noticed that there is no Disk Init installed. Asked it to install, it asks me where the file is.

I haven't a clue from here on, so I removed the HD and put it in a PC and installed Linux onto it. I've then put it back into my A1 and tried again. Still no Disk Init.

I'm now stuck.

Any one any ideas?

Go to top
Re: Help, please!
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@OldAmigan

When you originall installed OS4.1, was the partition bootable? Was the boot priority set right?

Which filesystem was your boot partition?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@RacerX

Originally I over-wrote an OS 4.0final partition which was FFS and set bootable. The problem wasn't the OS or partitioning, because I could start up from the CD and then use OS4.1.

It was when I rebooted, the A1 didn't recognise the drive as valid because it was missing the Drive Init file, even though the SLB was there and all the partitions were valid.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@OldAmigan

Quote:
Tried again, oppened up Media Toolbox again to check that everything was as I'd set it up, but this time, for whatever reason, I opened it up in Expert mode. I noticed that there is no Disk Init installed. Asked it to install, it asks me where the file is.
The "Drive Initialization code" was only required for a few classic Amiga controllers which used it for parts of their firmware, on an AmigaOne and SAM only the "AmigaOne boot code (SLB)" is required.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

Thanks joerg, that answers that question.

Go to top

Register To Post