Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
134 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 131

trixie, jabirulo, Templario, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

AGA, MUI & chipmem problems...
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hello all. Another prob here, I'm using (still) my A1200 060, only difference than before is an internal scandoubler and a pal-hires-laced screen instead of super-72. But when I run several MUI applications (Ibrowse, Jabbberwocky, wookiechat, YAM, MIAMI, and sometimes GoPortscan is my usual MUI software running for net stuff), and then quit them, my chip mem drops from 1.2mb on bootup to about 140kb. (Quitting the applications doesn't free chipmem) Is there some kind of defragger that will fix this? or something with Fblit? (I'm using the registered version of MUI 19.14, as seen by typing "version mui:mui", and have "prettied up" all my MUI apps in ways the shareware version doesn't allow, and MUI doesn't seem to release the memory for bitmap textures and such)

Resized Image
Go to top
Re: AGA, MUI & chipmem problems...
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Problem fixed! It was an Fblit problem, I had to open fblitgui, go to FAllocBitMap, Lists, Include List, and manually add Ibrowse and YAM. I'm guessing I'll need to do the same with the rest of my network apps, but that seems to have forced the cached bitmaps into Fast Ram, and I'm able to run Ibrowse and YAM simultaneously with 1.3 MB of Chipmem left. @ first, I thought runing muigfx.library in there would fix it, but it didn't make too much difference. After a reset, though, I managed?to get everything to work right. Now to play with scout and fblitgui some more.

Resized Image
Go to top

Register To Post