Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
149 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 149

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

IPv6
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I just saw my ISP is starting to deploy IPv6, so I'm wondering if OS4 and more specifically Roadshow is IPv6 compliant...

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Re: IPv6
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@abalaban

AFAIK it's not, but if you have a broadband router that is IPv6 compatible, then just use NAT and stick to IPv4 addressing on your LAN.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Chris

Too bad I hope this will be added at some time.

Currently my router is provided by my ISP and as it features a small hub and a basic NAT it fills my needs and don't have any other equipment.
See here it is :
Resized Image On the left is the network box that provides connectivty to the net, has a small hub and provides basic NAT fonctionnalities. On the right is the multimedia box which should be connected to the TV and enable receiving TV on IP (specially broadcasted streams, not web TV) and HD recording (either on the internal one, either on an USB external one)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@abalaban

Ah, you are a Freenaute then !
I am also with Free, but I don't use the box features (WIFI, NAT, etc). As I have two 2 ADSL lines (infact 3 with the one at home), I use a Linksys router to do load-balancing.
About IPv6, I remember reading somewhere that it is back-compatible with IPv4, so not a pb in the future.

Bye,
TMTisFree

"Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence." (Napol?on Bonaparte)
"I would love to change the world, but they won?t give me the source code." (Unknown)
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@TMTisFree
Quote:
Ah, you are a Freenaute then !

Yes I am

Quote:
About IPv6, I remember reading somewhere that it is back-compatible with IPv4, so not a pb in the future.

That's not true (for a start IPv4 addresses use 32 bits whereas IPv6 ones use 128 bits ). Even if gateways exist between the protocols (6to4) that's not we need here, but see IPv6 on Wikip?dia for more details.

Go to top

Register To Post