Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
233 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 233

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3)
Re: I've not touched my Amiga 1200 for many YEARS !!!
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@vodkasoda

Are you sure it is the floppy light which is stuck on? It may be the HD light, in which case it is probably revalidating - try leaving it for a while.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hmmm... I thought you listed the install floppy in the list of disks you found? Oh well... It's not that hard to make an install disk anyway. Not sure what might cause it to stop booting but if you disable all the partitions in the early startup menu it should just boot from floppy as if there were no hard drive installed. At least that will rule out issues with the floppy drive/controller.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Chris & Daedalus

Oh no, it's definitely the Floppy light ... I've tried rebooting with no floppy in & leaving it for 24 hours and also with a floppy in and leaving it for 24 hours ... it does nothing !!!

I thought maybe the kids had done something to affect the display, but if I reboot with both mouse buttons held down I get the boot option screen.

I might disconnect the HD & try rebooting. I can understand that me cancelling that HD program *may* cause a HD problem, but don't see why it doesn't boot from the Floppy !!!

Frustrating stuff !!!

Daedalus ... how do I go about making an "Install Disk" then ?

Edit ... Ha Ha ... especially if the Amiga won't work !!!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@vodkasoda

Good Day,

Well, looks like you have already wiped it clean. First thing would be to load up the "Workbench disk" and look for HD Tools.

It's been a while here to. HD Tools may be on the Install Disk.

Check all partitions and maybe reset them after you get the HD size. You need to always load WB Disk first and then swap from there. Once your HD is set reboot the WB disk and then swap to the "Install Disk", load the install disk. It should guide you thru but if your not sure leave it there and pop in with the info and someone will have the answer or know where to find it.

Chris

Edited for better understanding, Been a while.

Edited by QuikSanz on 2008/11/13 5:24:38
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@vodkasoda

Hmmm... Well, if it won't do anything when a floppy is entered, I'd be a little worried about it. First thing to try though is disconnecting the hard drive and any other add-ons, then see if it'll boot. Does it boot any other disks, games for example? If you can get it to boot Workbench with the hard drive connected, you can download HD setup tools to partition the drive, and after that it's basically a case of copying over all your Workbench disks.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@vodkasoda

how do I go about making an "Install Disk" then ?

You can't. The Install disk contained: Hard disk setup, HDToolBox, and Install system.

http://www.amigans.net/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=110

A new system came with six disks and 3 manuals. The photo shows OS3.1 by Amiga Inc. The covers are different for Amiga OS 3.0. The manuals:
A1200, User's Guide Hard Disk, and Workbench 3.0.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@vodkasoda

Thanks in advance to anybody who can seriously help without showing themselves up

Not at all. The instructions come from the manual "Workbench 3.0", page 1-2. If that offends your logic, then I'm sorry I offered any valid help.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3)