Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
205 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 204

FlynnTheAvatar, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 10 »
Re: SRec 2.x on github
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@salass00
I D/L the latest SRec sources, compiled and tested SRec. The POPKEY issue is fixed; SRec is "Active" from the start. However, I can no longer get it to record at all. After starting SRec and entering a filename, pressing record does nothing. Is it working for you?

Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@xenic

It should be working again.

I added code for loading the pointers using GetIconTags() but hadn't added the code to strip the ".info" file extension yet.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@salass00

Some minor issues/suggest in GUI compared to the old 1.36:

- Shortcuts are missed, would be nice if you can reimplement them
- Iconification is broken in GUI, it works from menu but then you can't deiconify it
- Text from the "about" window is not yet translable
- Can you show the version in wb titlebar (program name + program version + date)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@salass00
O.K. D/L the latest code and got it working by disabling the pointer. It now records on RGB16 screens and the files play back with normal color

I have custom def_pointer.info on my system. I had to disable pointers in the SRec pointer Tab to get Record working. I saved and compared the images from the original system def_pointer.info & my replacement def_pointer.info and the image in my def_pointer.info is palette mapped. In addition to being palette mapped it also has a much smaller background that is grey. The problem is probably the image format in my def.pointer.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@xenic

I only support direct mapped pointer images. Where did you find these palette mapped ones?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79

Quote:

- Shortcuts are missed, would be nice if you can reimplement them

I just added some:
https://github.com/salass00/srec/commi ... d3040c153e9c126c6938d6bee

Quote:

- Iconification is broken in GUI, it works from menu but then you can't deiconify it

Just code for handling WMHI_ICONIFY and WMHI_UNICONIFY events that was missing. Already fixed:

https://github.com/salass00/srec/commi ... 20f31c0714f169efb3f1243ef

Quote:

- Text from the "about" window is not yet translable

You want to translate the GPL license text or just the words "version" and "Copyright"?

Quote:

- Can you show the version in wb titlebar (program name + program version + date)

Like "SRec 2.1 (20.9.2016)" as in the version string?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@salass00

Quote:
You want to translate the GPL license text or just the words "version" and "Copyright"?

Well, put anything then translators will decide if they want to translate the entire GPL part or just leave it as is

Quote:
Like "SRec 2.1 (20.9.2016)" as in the version string?

Yep

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@salass00
Quote:
I only support direct mapped pointer images. Where did you find these palette mapped ones?

My vision has gotten worse with age and I'm partially colorblind so I created a larger pointer with colors that work for me. I made the images with PPaint before I purchased ImageFX so they were palette mapped. I replaced the original images in the system default def_pointer.info and when it worked, I left it that way. I might change my def_pointer.info image to avoid similar problems in the future.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@xenic

I haven't tested it but palette mapped pointer images should now be supported:

https://github.com/salass00/srec/commi ... 30514f6bd33a5148c2c274c18

Edit: Note that there's no code to render a pointer onto the video frames so don't expect any visual results just yet.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
A compiled version of the current github sources is available at:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t3iov10drui4iu3/srec-2.1r93.7z?dl=1

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@salass00

Ok i updated the italian catalog including the new shortcuts (fixed also a few mispelling here and there)

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=16287933181824623070

By the way, about those still some missing:

Aspect Ratio
Frames Per Second
Sample Size
Channels
Sample Rate

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79

I've updated the .ct file on github.

Quote:

Aspect Ratio
Frames Per Second
Sample Size
Channels
Sample Rate

Since the most logical shortcut keys are already taken these would have to use some less logical ones, like for instance Aspect Ratio, Frames Per Second, Sample Size, Channels and Sample Rate.

BTW I think I've reached a sufficient feature level that I can start work on making the first real 2.1 release version.

There are some minor issues like pointer rendering not getting clipped correctly and leaving trails in the margins but those may have to be fixed in later releases.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@salass00
I D/L and tested your latest compile and it now works with my palette based image in def_pointer.info. The first time I tried to record, I had forgotten to enter a filename and SRec just refuses to record but doesn't provide any indication of the problem. It's a minor issue but at some point it might be useful to add a read-only string gadget at the bottom of the GUI to report the problem when something is preventing SRec from recording.

Since some people might want to record on a screen other than Workbench, I did some test recordings on another screen. If you use the POPUP key combination when using a screen other than Workbench, SRec opens on the Workbench screen behind the current screen. That can lead the user confused and thinking it just didn't open.

I used a public screen utility to make another screen (not Workbench) the default public screen. When I use the SRec POPUP key combination to open SRec from that default public screen, SRec opens on that public screen and records properly. Since SRec works on screens other than Workbench I'd like to make a few suggestions:

1. Add a FRONTSCREEN (or similar name) Tooltype & shell argument to have SRec open on the front screen instead of the default public screen.

2. If the FRONTSCREEN option is not set and SRec opens on the default public screen, have it bring the screen it opens on to the front so the user doesn't think that opening SRec with the POPUP keys failed.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@salass00

Quote:
I've updated the .ct file on github.

Ah, so update italian file according ..

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=62465354762567534909

Quote:
Since the most logical shortcut keys are already taken these would have to use some less logical ones, like for instance Aspect Ratio, Frames Per Second, Sample Size, Channels and Sample Rate.

Yes no problem, once you will implement them i will update my translation again

Aniway to do still also the about text

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79

Quote:

Ah, so update italian file according ..

Done.

Quote:

Yes no problem, once you will implement them i will update my translation again

Also done:

https://github.com/salass00/srec/commi ... 0062e674b8a0c0481fdd479e1

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@salass00

Thank you, but the about window text still not translable yet )
If you add it and will send you an updated catalog in a minute

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@salass00

Yes, eventually the GPL parts and so on can be done later

Here the final catalog for 2.1

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=00019183116372232043

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@salass00

Mmm there is a problem, i just download and installed the fresh version uploaded on OS4Depot but now catalogs doesn't work at all .. as a test i also tried to copy it manually on "SYS/Locale/Catalogs/.." but program still remain in english !

Also the italian catalog availible on your archive is 922 byte while the latest one i seent you was 1004 byte in size, maybe did you included an old version ?

BTW: In this 2.1 the folder icon is missed too, maybe you can reuse the original one from SRec 1.36 ?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79

Quote:

Mmm there is a problem, i just download and installed the fresh version uploaded on OS4Depot but now catalogs doesn't work at all .. as a test i also tried to copy it manually on "SYS/Locale/Catalogs/.." but program still remain in english !

Might be a problem with the ruby based catcomp that I used to generate the catalog files.

I changed the Makefile to use flexcat (2.18) now and uploaded replacement archives so the archives on OS4Depot, Aminet and my own website should be fine:

https://github.com/salass00/srec/commi ... 17987775366ea3d282f5efead

Quote:

BTW: In this 2.1 the folder icon is missed too, maybe you can reuse the original one from SRec 1.36 ?

What do you mean? There is a default drawer icon in the archive. IIRC the drawer icon used for the previous release was just the SYS:Utilities/Commodities icon and not really specific to SRec.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 10 »