Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
232 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 230

VooDoo, trixie, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Printer driver installation
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Good evening everybody!

I'm an old Amiga hand who just got his paws on an AmigaOne 500 (ok, ok, so it's a Sam460ex board with parts from MicroCenter, self-assembled) with one teeny question.

I was able to get everything installed software-wise, except one thing. I have an GHP OfficeJet 8610 that I just bought, specifically FOR the Amiga, and I have downloaded both the HP photoSmart driver and the NetPrinter driver. I'e even installed the PhotoSmart driver from its installation procedure. My question is, simply, now what?

By that I mean, when I go to Preferences the driver isn't there, and when I navigate to the device file, I can't seem to select anything.

Any ideas would be most helpful. I will be putting the Amiga aside for now, as I have to study for a certification exam later this month. And probably October as well.

Thanks guys!!

Stan :)

Go to top
Re: Printer driver installation
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@StantheAmigaMan

copy the PHOTOSMART into 'SYS:DEVS/Printers', then when you launch Prefs. Printer you should have a new entry called PHOTOSMART

You must choose DEVICE (lpr.device, usbprinter.device, usbdot4.device) depending of how you attach printer to sam460.

I have/use and old HPLaserjet 2300n, plugged to my router and use lpr.device and PostScript (or HPLaserjet4) driver. I need to create a plain text file in ENVARC: called lpr.device with my printer IP (see below), and works fine.

#type ENVARC:lpr.device
HOST=192.168.1.230 RAW

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi guys, just a curiosity but where did you download the driver for this hp printer?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@salass00

Thanks!