Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
128 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 125

pjs, cygnusEd, skynet, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: ShowFiles (sf) 0.981 released on OS4Depot.net
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Marko

Just thought I'd try SF again and it's missing a few things and the colours are terrible.

setblackbg gives me a red background
setnormalbg gives me a black background

my console frefs is set to use full ansi colours:

0 Black
1 Red
2 Green
3 Yellow
4 Blue
5 Magenta
6 Cyan
7 White

Yours is obviously set up to use system pens. Don't forget there is also a user definable set of pens so you as the dev choosing which pens to use for what is not good.

I suggest a ascii user config file where they can set the colours they want for each type. eg.

header 71
drawer 31
file 01
link 74

Simply the name of what it is and a 2 digit number made from the foreground and background pens.

Showfiles also needs a less method, just listing the results as name only in columns the same as newlist from aminet using the command "nl -qvT0"

It definenately needs a nocolours option to bypass the whole 'ugly display because the user has a different setting to the dev' scenario we have now.

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Marko

"Not sure if this works now on say OS4.1 Update 6, or on Update 1.. "

Yes it works on 4.1.6.

Resized Image

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Severin

Yep, SETBLACK and SETNORMALBG is with system colors, correct. With ANSI it becomes somewhat broken yes. I'm planning to fix this in next "major" update version 0.990 or possibly 1.000.

However, yes a complete user config ASCII file is planned for version 1.000 to set all colors as the user wishes.
Thanks for the example for the config, I might use that format as it seems easy enough.

Quote:
Showfiles also needs a less method, just listing the results as name only in columns the same as newlist from aminet using the command "nl -qvT0"

Yes, I have been pondering on a LESS option, or ONLYNAMES option, thanks for reminding me.

You want also names in columns and horizontal sorting? Ok, I add that to the TODO-list.

Quote:
It definenately needs a nocolours option to bypass the whole 'ugly display because the user has a different setting to the dev' scenario we have now.

True, so a NOCOLORS and NOFORMATTING then, thanks.

Thank you for the feedback and suggestions

However, what pen colors do you use for the background and foreground in ANSI-mode? Black (0) for bg and white (7) for fg, or?

AmigaOS 4.1 FE Update 2 on Sam440ep-flex, 800Mhz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9250 Resized Image
A1200/040, 2+4MB, external 3.5''HDD / A1200 (spare) / A500+ (sold) / C128 (sold)
http://m4rko.com/AMIGA
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@zzd10h

Quote:
Yes it works on 4.1.6

Thanks for letting me know Guillaume, appreciated!

AmigaOS 4.1 FE Update 2 on Sam440ep-flex, 800Mhz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9250 Resized Image
A1200/040, 2+4MB, external 3.5''HDD / A1200 (spare) / A500+ (sold) / C128 (sold)
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Marko

Quote:
You want also names in columns and horizontal sorting? Ok, I add that to the TODO-list.

Yes, I always hated the loonix method of vertically sorting columns. Have a look at newlist on aminet. my favourite dir type command ever. just remember to disable the speed up hacks with -T0 as they no longer work.

Quote:
However, what pen colors do you use for the background and foreground in ANSI-mode? Black (0) for bg and white (7) for fg, or?

I use 4 & 7, KS1.x style blue background with white text.

Quote:
Installation
------------
Just run the file ShowFiles.Install,
or:
* Copy the file ShowFiles to your C:
* Type the following and hit enter:
C:MakeLink C:sf C:ShowFiles SOFT FORCE
* Copy the documentation to SYS:Documentation/C/
* Done!

Instead of using makelink try.

echo >>s:shell-startup alias sf showfiles []

Also add that the user can set their default options in the alias command eg. (when implimented):

Alias sff showfiles LESS NOCOLOURS []

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Severin

Quote:
Have a look at newlist on aminet. my favourite dir type command ever.

Sure I've seen it, it got some useful features. But I prefer sf, it does exactly how I like things, but maybe I'm a bit biased

Quote:
echo >>s:shell-startup alias sf showfiles []
Also add that the user can set their default options in the alias command eg. (when implimented):
Alias sff showfiles LESS NOCOLOURS []

I guess there's more than one way to skin a cat, thanks for the input, I will mention that in the readme.

Quote:
I use 4 & 7, KS1.x style blue background with white text.

Thank you

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)