Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
92 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 92

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

A different perspective
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Question: Will Amiga Inc. be able to prove that it is NOT Amiga Inc whilst proving it is Amiga Inc?

Answer: The courts will decide.

Reason:

In order to progress their court case with Hyperion Amiga Inc (S) needs to prove it is Amiga Inc (W) or at least have the same rights and liabilities as same.

However, by doing this, they will be supplying sufficient proof that they are the same Amiga Inc that owes Genesi AmigaDE integration and will have to supply Genesi with rights to the brands and AmigaDE integration!

So they have a choice between two different unpalatable futures. Or am I misreading this?

The court case is like a thunderstorm after a long humid summer.
Go to top
Re: A different perspective
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Mitch

Sounds feasable.

Better the Devil they know ?

Time for an out of court settlement !!

Are we nearly there yet ?
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Mitch
I think it is more likely that question is out of scope and will be ruled as such. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @Mitch

Or am I misreading this?

In the old Dell Comic - Batman, it looks like Bill McEwen
to me!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-Face

It's all about 'corporate performance'. Who's Bruce Wayne and Harvey Dent
( District Attorney) symbolizing these days?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ssolie
All he was saying is that Amiga Inc will be supplying the proof that Genesi need, if they wish to persue the matter further...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Mitch

I've been thinking about this very same idea. That original lawsuit versus Thendic (Genesi?) resolved around whether AmigaDE was really meant to be a part of AmigaOS, now or in the future. Amiga Inc said it wasn't, and the judge accepted this and ruled against Thendic -- but did say Amiga Inc owed them AmigaDE.

In the present lawsuit vs Hyperion, AI claim that the original reason they wanted AOS4 developed was so they could proceed on to a new version of AmigaOS, one that is to include AmigeDE.(At least that is how I understand it.) And that is the reason they need the source code. Hmm, this is a direct contradiction.

Might this be the reason for the recent comments by bbrv, and the speculation that Bill Buck and AI are in discussions. Maybe a little bit of heat applied to AI's feet -- would you prefer talking to us or would you prefer that we ask for the old lawsuit to be reopened?

Believe me, none of this is meant to imply that I approve of Bill Buck. Ever since the episode in Chicago years ago, I've distrusted Bill Buck. Still, all-in-all there would be a certain poetic justice if this is what is happening.

Regards,
Don Feldbruegge

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@DonF

Well assuming for a minute that Amiga Inc has a difficulty facing it over this issue the answer is best found by determining what is their "lunch".

If their lunch is based on AmigaDE/Anywhere then they won't want the Genesi switch and sue trick to hit them ( given Genesi aren't Thendic ).

If their lunch is based on AmigaOS4 then they won't want the Hyperion lawsuit to win.

Depending on what decisions they make, we will have an idea as to what this mythical AmigaOS 5.0 project is all about.

Me, I think they need AmigaOS 4.0 to use to secure a short term contract and get funding to complete AmigaOS5.0. I really don't see how they can complete AmigaOS5.0 this year by getting the source code to AmigaOS4.0 and fighting to get ExecSG.

It would be really funny if AmigaOS5.0 turned out to be scaffolded on AROS....

The court case is like a thunderstorm after a long humid summer.
Go to top

Register To Post