Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 108

flash, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Enhancer Release 2 and Enhancer Core?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Ok, I'm a bit confused over Enhancer Release2 and Enhancer Core.
Yesterday, AmitStore says Enhancer Release2 is available so I downloaded and installed it. Today AmiStore says Enhancer Core is available so I presume I should download and install that as well?
Updated still shows I'm all up to date.

Could someone explain the difference between Enhancer Release2 and Enhancer Core please?

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Re: Enhancer Release 2 and Enhancer Core?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ktadd

The Enhancer Core contains just the fundamentals needed to run A-EON software, plus developer material. It is free of charge, allowing people to use/develop software that utilizes Enhancer classes and/or libraries without having to purchase the full Enhancer.

So if you already own the Enhancer package, you don't need the Core.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@trixie
Quote:
The Enhancer Core contains just the fundamentals needed to run A-EON software, plus developer material. It is free of charge, allowing people to use/develop software that utilizes Enhancer classes and/or libraries without having to purchase the full Enhancer.

Thank trixie. That's what I was thinking since Enhancer Release2 installed SDK stuff as well. Sounds like I'm all up to date then. Nice.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ktadd

If you plan on developing software which depends on the Enhancer Core classes etc., you might want to set up a separate partition with OS4, the SDK and the Enhancer Core (without the full enhancer).

That way you can develop and test your programs with the knowledge that you are only using what everybody can install for free.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top

Register To Post