Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
193 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 192

geennaam, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Version string not showing for new kickstart components
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I've finished manually copying over the components from the Enhancer 2 Kickstart installation files (didn't bother with the .debug versions.)

SFS is the only one which will show the version. If I use the list command, I also get no version number. (RadeonHD, RadeonRX, diskcache)

WIll this cause future issues with updates?

Paul

Builder of Frankenthousand The monster A1000
The Young Frankenthousand A1-XE G4
X5000
Go to top
Re: Version string not showing for new kickstart components
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Paul

The A-Eon Updater tool recognizes installed versions and versions available for download properly .

Go to top
Re: Version string not showing for new kickstart components
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Paul

Not every file should have a version string, for example libXXXXX.a files should not have version strings, why because they interfere with programs they are linked with, for example if program has version string. And libXXXXX.a library’s has version string; the version command gets confused when libXXXXX.a file is staticky linked For .so objects its maybe ok. However, its normal to have conflicting versions of .so objects, the version number should be in the filename, and default .so object should be soft link pointing to latest version. this older compiled program should adapt the target filename from the soft link, when compiled, resulting no conflicts when new versions are installed.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top

Register To Post