Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
90 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 90

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Enhancer core listviewer gadget
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi

Following on from trixie's excellent advice at https://www.amigans.net/modules/xforum ... id=122939#forumpost122939 I've started building a program using the enhancer core classes. The toolbar gadget is great but I'm getting stuck with the listviewer gadget. The documentation, like my brain, is a bit sparse, so I thought that I'd ask here.

1. The gadget seems to create an extra unusable column to the right of the columns that you specify. This takes up extra space that could be used by the columns with data in and affect the minimum size of the window. If you look at https://photos.app.goo.gl/h8h3dsWX9rLPWYft5 you can see an extra column after the "comment" column in the 1st window and the one after the name of the image in the second one.

2. How do you react to the user selecting/activating an item in the list. I couldn't find any examples of this in the example programs and I couldn't get it to work with using WMHI_GADGETUP or something similar.

cheers

billy

Go to top
Re: Enhancer core listviewer gadget
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@billyfish

Quote:
The gadget seems to create an extra unusable column to the right of the columns that you specify. This takes up extra space that could be used by the columns with data in and affect the minimum size of the window.

I asked the author about it some time ago, and he said it was there to optimize the gadget rendering when the window is resized. What you see is not an extra column but just an empty area. Personally, I find it confusing (because it DOES look like an empty column with no function), so I returned to the trusty old ListBrowser Gadget (also because it supports hierarchical nodes).

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@billyfish

About 2) when you say "item" you mean for example double click on a row?

Or how to retrieve column/data clicked?
search in listviwer examples:
/// Get Node Data
static void VARARGS68K GetNodeData( uint32 Pos, uint32 Column, ... )
{...}

EDIT:
About 1)
static const uint32 lv_titletags[] =
{
/*LISTVIEWERN_ColumnNr, 0,
LISTVIEWERN_Title_MinWidth, 100,*/

LISTVIEWERN_ColumnNr, 1,
LISTVIEWERN_Title_ShowDragBar, FALSE,

TAG_END
};

and add to listviewer object creation:
LISTVIEWER_TitleTags, &lv_titletags,

NOTA; all this are on listviewerX.c examples (maybe some aren't yet released or updated).

Edited by jabirulo on 2021/1/30 10:22:27
Edited by jabirulo on 2021/1/30 10:24:34
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@trixie
Quote:
I asked the author about it some time ago, and he said it was there to optimize the gadget rendering when the window is resized. What you see is not an extra column but just an empty area. Personally, I find it confusing (because it DOES look like an empty column with no function), so I returned to the trusty old ListBrowser Gadget (also because it supports hierarchical nodes).

This is a bummer. I would stick with the old list browser as well due to the extra "non" column.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@jabirulo

Thanks, yeah it was my mistake. Every time I go back to coding something using Reaction instead of MUI, I forget to add the GA_RelVerify tags as I've been used to doing everything using IDoMethod () calls and subclassing, so my bad! I suppose I could do the same thing in Reaction but I just tend to follow the style of the Reaction examples where they tend to have everything in the main message handling loop.

Go to top

Register To Post