Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
106 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 105

tekmage, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

MemGuard still working?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I was wondering if the MemGuard tool is still supposed to work with the latest OS kernels? Whenever I start it, it produces a hit for pretty much everything I run

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Re: MemGuard still working?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Trixie

Oh, good question!

I use memguard quite often on pegasos2 to catch memguard hits, and so, the first thing when I got my x5000 up and running 3-4 years ago was hope to run memguard. But it start to produce a lot of memguard hits all over the place.

They all were mostly in the WinFrame (so console stuff), but sometimes also "input. device", sometimes even "amidock". I.e. just like everything, but mostly Console (WinFrame tasks).

Now, I firstly blame console, wrote a mail in os4-beta to TonyW explaining all the stuff, and was told that MemGuard didn't work as expected on X5000. I do not remember details, if it kernel issue, or CPU issue, or what else, dunno, but I was sure that it Console have issues and blame it.

Now, a few days ago (yeah!), I again tried to test memguard on x5000, and it brings me the same bunch of hits on everything. I thinking "right, console still?", and give a go and test it on pegasos2, on the same update2, and there I have _no single HIT_.

Now, go figure out what happens. Is it memguard not works on x5000? If so, why? Is it kernel on x5000 can cope with? Is it some system components trash memory (but x5000 specific ones), so memguard start to be crazy all over the ways?

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post