Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
115 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 115

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Steps to get a sata card to be recognized?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I have a X5000 that I am trying to add a couple of HD's too. I have tried two different sata boards, and while both show up on the U-boot screen in the system info section, they do not show up in the media toolbox. I am assuming that I need to add a command someplace to initialize them someplace?

Go to top
Re: Steps to get a sata card to be recognized?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
What kind of SATA card is it (what chipset) ? I use in my pegasos2 a PCI-based sii3114 card to which connect SSD. So when I run the mediatoolbox I have in it sii3114.device on which I dbl-click, and it shows what kind of SSD I have attached to, so made partitions, install filesystems, reboot, and then format those new uninitialized ones.

But of course, I also have in kick layout entry for loading sii3114ide.device.kmod.

EDIT: tried that card now in the x5000, works the same: shows up in media toolbox as sii3114ide.device (but I also have the necessary entry in Kicklayout, as well as this card on this 3114 chipset is known to work).

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Re: Steps to get a sata card to be recognized?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thanks, that gave me the poke in the right direction. One of the cards is 3224 based. Once I un-commented out the correct kmod line, it worked. Now that I have the extra drives, time to see if I can get dual booting running.

Go to top

Register To Post