Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
153 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 153

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

AmiUpdate in AmiDock: hardcore limit of icon size when in AmiDock docky ?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
The question is mostly to Simon, but maybe somebody else has a clue as well.

I have one Dock (which I call "AppDockieDock"), to which point out AmiDock to place AppDockies in.

There I have just a ZitaFtpserver, so once I run it, it placed there a tasty icon, of the size I choose in the Amidock's settings for that AppDockieDock, and more precisely it's: Layout/Icon minimum size and Layout/Icon maximums size. That how settings look like (and see the looks of the zitaftp icon at the bottom):

(for full-size image click to open in new tab)

Resized Image

Now, if I run AmiDock (with settings when iconify to place it to AmiDock Docky), I have this:

Resized Image

For first I think ok, it can be just different icons of different sizes: but I compare them: all the same usual size of icons. Even if I just put the AmiUpdate icon as an icon of ZitaFtp and run it, then when that icon on the ZitaFtp, it scales well in both sizes (bigger, smaller, icon scaling) by controlling via AmiDock settings.

But with AmiUpdate, it like it does not matter what I do in AmiDock, nothing changes. I try to lower the size, maximize, scale, etc: no reaction. See, there I just change to some much bigger values, and the ZitaFtp icon increases in size, while AmiUpdate one still stays the same. Can't say on which value, but around 38-42 pixels.

There I set it all to be 64 pixels and can be seen that Zita's one is increased as expected, but AmiDock's one still stays as it:

Resized Image

I also tried to reduce the size, to just 20 pixels, see Zita icons start to be smaller as expected, but AmiUpdate one still stays as it:

Resized Image

The question is: is it just in AmiUpdate code something that needs to be done, to allow AmiDock to control the size of the icon, or, there some bug in AmiDock? Or both ?:) Through as if it works with Zita, then AmiDock sure works, right?

Alternatively, what can be done about it? I probably can just try to resize the icon size in the AmiUpdate/images/dockstrip file, so it will "statically" be 24x24 and so will fit well to the top bar menu, but not sure if it will , because as I see in that dockstrip images are "64", but in the dock they for sure less. So some "scaling down" algo already works.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Re: AmiUpdate in AmiDock: hardcore limit of icon size when in AmiDock docky ?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All

Hardcore fix did the trick: I just resize the image/dockstrip in SketchBlock just on /2, and everything starts to look like a need. So far for time being all looks clean then.

But, the bug/issue still here which worth reporting.

Resized Image

@Simon

Do you think it's an issue in AmiUpdate?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Simon
Tried to submit bug report on amiupdate.codebench.uk so it did not die in the forum posts, and when filling form pressing "add bug", saying "There was a problem saving the submitted bug (), please try again".

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
I don't know why you think this is a "bug". It simply takes the imagestrip and uses the sizes it presents. As you found out, you can scale the imagestrip to make it smaller/larger and it will just use it as it is.

Are you thinking of adding some sort of scaling to the AmiUpdate prefs?

If so, it may be a while, I have just moved house and none of my Amiga systems are set up right now.

Simon

PS: As for the bugtracker, I'll have to look into that

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
http://codebench.co.uk
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Simon
It probably not a bug, but a missing feature. I don't think that Hans with ZitaFTPD adds some special scaling code to support it in the AmiDock. IMHO, AmiDock already scales all the icons when they in the app dock, just for some reason, not the AmiUpdate one. So I just think that maybe AmiUpdate didn't register it as expected for AmiDock, or dunno what. A different way of placing in, etc.

I just expect it reacts as it expected: you have it in AmiDock, and AmiDock has the ability to scale up/down the icons placed in. And it does so, but not with AmiUpdate. Why? Dunno :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post